• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flattering Repros

modual

Reaction score
I know everyone has different body types but which repros are generally considered flattering and fairly safe to buy. I looked on supertalk but it gave me a headache looking for an answer. Hopefully some of you guys can help. I guess i'm looking for something similar to apc ns through the leg with a little less taper and also something which is unlikely to give me hip flare which is a common problem with repros i believe.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LVC 501 66 and 505 67 are probably most along those lines, being slim cuts. 501 47 is slim aswell, and doesnt hip flare that much. www.cultizm.com has all 3. I would guess the same goes for japanese repros of these cuts (warehouse sufu contest jeans for example)

Reaction score
You should look into modified Levis 66 cuts-------Eternal 811 is a great example. Also, Flathead 3001, I think.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
most of the jeans listed so far are on the slim side. pbjs are fairly tight up top, and are straight (maybe slight flare but definitely looks straight). i haven't tried flathead or eternals, but samurai's cuts seem to look decent on most everyone.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
most repros have a high rise. i don't think he mentioned anything about rise, though. sda and pbj probably have the lowest of those mentioned so far...

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikesduc
SDA 103 is a great choice also.

I can't wait for some cooler weather so I can start wearing mine. I need to send them to BiG for a hem job in the interim. I'm hoping some douchebag in TR's thinks they're Levis.
crackup[1].gif

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are pbj really repros? of what in that case? In my book, repro refers to a reproduction of an old/historical jeans cut.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
none of the jeans mentioned so far are repros (if the meaning of that is seeking to emulate a particular pair of levi's)...but obviously you know that...just "repro-inspired"

Dexstar

Reaction score
Samurai S5000VX seem to have a versatile cut... Seems people are able to control how slim, or not, they want the fit to be pretty successfully...

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
none of the jeans mentioned so far are repros (if the meaning of that is seeking to emulate a particular pair of levi's)...but obviously you know that...just "repro-inspired"

Yea, thats why Im wondering which model the memtioned PBJs are inspired by, since inspired aleast should be a minimum when talking repros. Just japanese jeans in generall doesnt cut it imo .

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I don't know how loose the term repros is used with companies and denim junkies though. I can see where you're coming from with wanting to know what original cut the pbj 005 is from. However, i'm thinking some might consider them repros not because of the inspired cut, but from the inspired design and details. For example:

raw stf indigo denim
hidden rivits
selvage
red tab
and other things i'm not fully educated on as i'm not a huge denim junkie like la guy.

In a loose usage of the word, i can see how they're repro in design, not cut. I can't really think of what cut they'd be inspired by. Kinda tight in the thighs, and then straight down with a low rise. Oh well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads