• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Guys

Class54

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
You are mistaken, we are not recommending these places as the "best". We are merely saying that they are better than 5Guys.
smile.gif

Never heard 5 Guys until this thread (then I noticed their are 3 within 20 mins from my front door).

I was just shocked that sane people actually eat baconators and triple stacks. I don't really eat fast food. Most fast food meat doesn't really taste like meat to me. Whatever.

P.S. I would have responded earlier Tokyo but I was terrified of your avatar. I'm pretty sure I saw that thing at the beach last week
laugh.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Class54
I don't really eat fast food.
Then you aren't really fit to judge it are you?
smile.gif
I have no opinion on my level of sanity. I'm not objective. But I do enjoy Wendy's. The Baconator is kinda gross though. I wish they had better bacon.
P.S. I would have responded earlier Tokyo but I was terrified of your avatar. I'm pretty sure I saw that thing at the beach last week
It's just a sea kitten. Vegans want you to save them by not eating fish!

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also depends on your idea of "quick service". The first time I went, there was a 15 minute line and a 25 minute wait. The second time was a two minute line and an 20 minute wait.
smile.gif

This is the description of the area that Five Guys resides in:

haha... its in Renton, sandwiched in between Fry's and Boeing. Classy!

Right across the street from gaypaya. That was where I had my first burger from 5 guys. I'll stick to dick's burgers.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Five Guys is severely overrated. The only thing I like is the potato sacks with the source on them, based solely on curiosity. There are dozens of better burgers in my city.

Class54

Reaction score
Then you aren't really fit to judge it are you?
smile.gif

This is a rather spurious statement, don't you think? Just because I don't eat fast food doesn't mean I've never eaten it. How else would I know what it taste like
smile.gif
. I'm merely implying two things: (1)That I seriously doubt that 5 Guys' food could really be worse than that of Burger King or Wendy's, and (2) there is a limit to how good any fast food can be, given the variables necessary to support a national chain and still maintain a profit. ( Sorry, I know this is a little esoteric)

Its cool though.
I'm going to hit up 5 Guys to see what all the fuss is about later today; and, in order to "appease the masses", I'm going to grab a Baconator and a Triple Stack on the way and put these babies to the test. Wish me luck.
fing02[1].gif

And **** Vegans. I have a hard time trusting anyone who voluntarily refuses to eat meat. The fact that so many women I know are, in fact, vegan (including my last 2 ex-gfs) may have something to do with my women/relationship issues.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(2) there is a limit to how good any fast food can be, given the variables necessary to support a national chain and still maintain a profit. ( Sorry, I know this is a little esoteric)
Ummm... when the ingredients are Potato, Peanut Oil, and Salt ...... it is possible that a fast food chain actually DOES make the best fries. Burgers are another story.... but you'll never hear me say they have the best burger.

Thebomb85019

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaydc7
Five Guys or In and Out? haha

Ill put them about equal. Five guys have way better fries.

I love the the weird patty on the five guys burger while the In'N'Out sauce on the burgers is pretty dam good. However, both are heart attack on a bun if eaten and I avoid in n out in AZ. (Tried five guys when i visited DC)

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bwonger06
Ill put them about equal. Five guys have way better fries.

I love the the weird patty on the five guys burger while the In'N'Out sauce on the burgers is pretty dam good. However, both are heart attack on a bun if eaten and I avoid in n out in AZ. (Tried five guys when i visited DC)

HMMMM.... perhaps this explains my lackluster impression of In-n-out ... I've ONLY had it in AZ.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This is a rather spurious statement, don't you think? Just because I don't eat fast food doesn't mean I've never eaten it. How else would I know what it taste like
smile.gif
. I'm merely implying two things: (1)That I seriously doubt that 5 Guys' food could really be worse than that of Burger King or Wendy's, and (2) there is a limit to how good any fast food can be, given the variables necessary to support a national chain and still maintain a profit. ( Sorry, I know this is a little esoteric)

I understand what you are saying, but I disagree that any fast food burger could be better or worse than another. BK, if ordered properly is about as close as you can get "fast food" wise to backyard BBQ. Wendy's ingredients, I find to be consistently pretty fresh. Crisp lettuce and onion, (and a decent tomato if you eat the ghastly things) and those two companies offer the only .99c burgers that I know of that comes with a full set of toppings out of the major chains. I consider myself to be something of a hamburger expert. I eat them... uh... every day or so.
smile.gif
There are definitely differences between them. You'll just have to trust me. Five guys, from my two experiences with it, falls third when you list those three on the quality of burger toppings, which is something I find pretty important.
Its cool though. I'm going to hit up 5 Guys to see what all the fuss is about later today; and, in order to "appease the masses", I'm going to grab a Baconator and a Triple Stack on the way and put these babies to the test. Wish me luck.
fing02[1].gif
Honestly, the double stack is what I usually end up getting, if I have the money. Otherwise its the Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger or the 1/4 lb double stack from the value menu.
And **** Vegans. I have a hard time trusting anyone who voluntarily refuses to eat meat. The fact that so many women I know are, in fact, vegan (including my last 2 ex-gfs) may have something to do with my women/relationship issues.
Hey, at least there's something we agree on.
smile.gif

Andrew V.

Reaction score
I finally made it to a Five Guys (5th Ave. in Columbus). The cheeseburger was average, the fries slightly below average, and the prices slightly above average.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andrew V.
I finally made it to a Five Guys (5th Ave. in Columbus). The cheeseburger was average, the fries slightly below average, and the prices slightly above average.

All correct. You sir, deserves a packet of McD's ketchup.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
All correct. You sir, deserves a packet of McD's ketchup.

He deserves a special blue straw from Skyline Chili... be sure you bring it up to the counter and ask them what you won since you got it.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
He deserves a special blue straw from Skyline Chili... be sure you bring it up to the counter and ask them what you won since you got it.
crazy.gif

Hehlol

Reaction score
Page 1-3 - "Hey, 5 guys is awesome I really like it, here are my ideas for what I usually eat!"
Pages4-6 - "OMFG I can't believe anyone pays $4 for a cheese burger on a forum where people pay $250 for jeans! McDonalds is fine and so is everything else that isn't 5 guys!" (The Thinker 'Differenter')
Pages 7-9 - "Listen to me asshole, I said that their burgers were 'almost always' bad, I didn't say 'always bad'."

TEPLimey

Reaction score
Burger Joint is far better, as are a number of other places in the City. Truth be told, I hate that gross greasy feeling after eating one of their burgers. Paula Deen has taught us that adding tons of fat to anything can make it taste good and Five Guys is exhibit a.

Genesis and Corner Bistro (although I'm a tad down on the latter lately) are also quite good for the price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads