• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit of PBJ xx005....info please!

bsyde82

Reaction score
i'm a total noob at japanese denim...so and im wondering how the pbj xx005's fit...ive read thru much of this forum but am still unsure and im itchin to pull the trigger on a pair soon from BiG

ive read some measurements....knee/leg opening...which leads me to believe they're slim but not tight...but some ppl here make em seem real tight

can anyone compare the fit to the following jeans:
earnest sewn fultons
acne mic
nudies bootcut ola

im about 5'8, 150..wear size 31 in the sewns, acne, 30 in nudies...relatively skinny legs

thx

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only one in your list I have experience with are the ES fultons. They are much tighter than those. They are skin tight across my upper thighs so I would classify them as tight rather than slim. If you size up, they may fit looser. I wear my natural size and love them.

I'd say if you want them tighter, go with the 30's. If you want a more natural, less tight fit, go with the 31's.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, they are tight through the thighs and upper leg. If you are big/muscular legs, they are going to be skin tight. I have 20.5" thighs, so muscular but not big in a bodybuilder sense, and the size 30 PBJs fit pretty tight on the thighs from the get go.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have the 005 in 30 and a pair of Nudie RR in 29. For similar fit I would recommend getting 31 in PBJ. I've tried on the Ola and would say the major difference is that 005 feels slimmer around the lower leg and is also much lower rise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads