• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First timer getting boots resoled - options?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got a pair of Ralph Lauren boots that need to be resoled (leather). Can anyone recommend a good cobbler in greater Orlando or someone I can ship them to for service?

Coincidentally, I stumbled across a cobbler on ebay pitching a full resole in 3 weeks for $69 + 1 way shipping (they pay return). The seller's name is liamsshoppe and seems to have excellent feedback - has anyone here used them?

Lastly - it's vain, but my current soles have that wonderful "Ralph Lauren - Made in Italy" stamp on the sole in the arch. I'm just going to have to live with that going in the garbage, right?

videocrew

Reaction score
Local cobblers are hit or miss, and it is a nearly dead art. B. Nelson shoes is about all that's left, along with a guy in St. Louis, that I would send a decent pair of shoes to besides the factory refurbishment plan.

Ossington

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place for this but: Is there a way to make a pair of boots with a horseshoe in the heel quieter for indoor use?

Thanks

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lived in Orlando for awhile and had a pair of shoes resoled by American Alterations at 616 North Bumby Avenue. I was very happy with the way they came out and I think the cost was under 50 bucks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads