• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

First timer getting boots resoled - options?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got a pair of Ralph Lauren boots that need to be resoled (leather). Can anyone recommend a good cobbler in greater Orlando or someone I can ship them to for service?

Coincidentally, I stumbled across a cobbler on ebay pitching a full resole in 3 weeks for $69 + 1 way shipping (they pay return). The seller's name is liamsshoppe and seems to have excellent feedback - has anyone here used them?

Lastly - it's vain, but my current soles have that wonderful "Ralph Lauren - Made in Italy" stamp on the sole in the arch. I'm just going to have to live with that going in the garbage, right?

videocrew

Reaction score
Local cobblers are hit or miss, and it is a nearly dead art. B. Nelson shoes is about all that's left, along with a guy in St. Louis, that I would send a decent pair of shoes to besides the factory refurbishment plan.

Ossington

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place for this but: Is there a way to make a pair of boots with a horseshoe in the heel quieter for indoor use?

Thanks

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lived in Orlando for awhile and had a pair of shoes resoled by American Alterations at 616 North Bumby Avenue. I was very happy with the way they came out and I think the cost was under 50 bucks.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.