• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Suit Fit Check?

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+ several!
And don't buy from that shop again - no self respecting commission grasping sales assistant should have allowed you out with that.

Lol i always get a kick from reading your posts GBR

esaul17

Reaction score
Thanks. The lighting was not conducive to good cell phone pictures. When it comes in the mail I'll post some higher quality pics.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

esaul17

Reaction score

As far as the first suit is concerned, the body of the jacket and the sleeves look a bit full, and the jacket and sleeves are both too long.

Too long now? The 40R seemed too short so I went up to an L. I thought I could shorten the sleeves a little if needed but that the length needed to be longer.

http://imgur.com/jI68Q

This is an image of the same jacket in a 40R instead of L. Sleeves look decent with that shirt (though I am not sure if the shirt's sleeves are long enough or not). But the actual jacket seems to still end kinda high, don't you think?

dapperdoctor

Reaction score
It's tough to tell, but the new jacket does not look that long to me. It's way better than the last one. The pics are a little blurry though. I would shorten the sleeves a little, about to where your wrist bone sticks out. Your shirt cuffs will stick out a half-inch or an inch, which is a good look.

Make sure you feel comfortable in it. If it feels uncomfortable, something is probably not right.

dapperdoctor

Reaction score
This is an image of the same jacket in a 40R instead of L. Sleeves look decent with that shirt (though I am not sure if the shirt's sleeves are long enough or not). But the actual jacket seems to still end kinda high, don't you think?
That one looks too short.

gambit50

Reaction score
Are you able to tell me what exactly is terrible about it so I know for the future?
Is the second link the same as the old one from before? I believe so but just checking.
In any case, the skirt of the jacket barely gets to the break in your wrist.
That is awfully short. Not a stretch in the style of now, etc. just disproportionate and looking terrible.
That is what jumps off the page. I did not even bother to look at anything else in much detail with this jacket.
And I am one who will push a bit with a modernist look, short jacket, et al.
This one is out. Rubbish it and the thought of anything that fits like it on you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads