• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First corduroy suit, would brown or green be a better choice?

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a fantastic range of corduroy pieces! The first suit is the colour I think is most attractive, although I would go for single-breasted. If I was only getting a jacket this is definitely the colour I would go for, but for a suit I would be concerned about matching shoes. While it is almost dark enough that black shoes come back into the equation, I am afraid that some mid-brown shoes might be too light. Do youever find this a problem? You have some nice shoe pairings with it above.
Thank you! I haven't had any trouble pairing shoes with the suit. Most of my shoes are burgundies/dark reds, which work well with most colors including this dark brown corduroy. Dark browns harmonize too, especially if they're textured. Haven't tried black yet, but I can't imagine it would be jarring. I wouldn't go for light or mid browns with this though.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As previously mentioned Dugdale corduroy suit I will most likely use it as separates View attachment 2003633 View attachment 2003635 View attachment 2003637 View attachment 2003639
IMG_4497.jpeg
Finally had a chance to wear the corduroy suit jacket. Dugdale and I do like corduroy jacket in a more casual setting. Paired with VBC flannel trousers with one cargo pocket.

jeremygo

Reaction score
The grey cord does look great. I found it interesting that Simon Crompton wrote recently about preferring grey cord over navy because the navy gets much more "dusty" and worn over time. Maybe it's a US vs. UK thing but I want my cord tailoring to really lean into the dusty, professorial vibe. (Professor Jones teaching archaeology, etc.)

Anyway, here's a really cool navy cord suit Mark at The Armoury wore recently:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads