• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alfargo

Reaction score
57737390-811F-4E33-9DD3-AF730324968F.jpeg

Olive 261, my everyday bag for a couple years. Putting a lot of miles on it

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1134137
Olive 261, my everyday bag for a couple years. Putting a lot of miles on it
I really like the 261 and wanted to keep it oh so badly, but I couldn't get over the smell of mine and it just didn't seem to fit my life/work/travel style. It's such a classic bag.

Speaking of totes:
I just acquired the Filson large grab-n-go tote from Sierra Trading post and I couldn't be happier with it. I don't carry it for work, but last night I did a little liquor store run: 3 bottles of bourbon (Ok,2 rye, one bourbon), 1 handle of vodka (for my college daughter), two 6 packs of Shiner Bock and a pack of gum for good measure - and it carried like a champ.

DuckMan_11

Reaction score
I really like the 261 and wanted to keep it oh so badly, but I couldn't get over the smell of mine and it just didn't seem to fit my life/work/travel style. It's such a classic bag.

Speaking of totes:
I just acquired the Filson large grab-n-go tote from Sierra Trading post and I couldn't be happier with it. I don't carry it for work, but last night I did a little liquor store run: 3 bottles of bourbon (Ok,2 rye, one bourbon), 1 handle of vodka (for my college daughter), two 6 packs of Shiner Bock and a pack of gum for good measure - and it carried like a champ.
I had a similar impression of my grab-n-go camo tote after I filled it with 12 boxes of shot shells that I was transporting. Normally I use a box and it’s awkward, but the tote did well.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of totes:

I might have to consider one of those for the future. How much did you get yours for? Is it this one:

https://ssl.sierratradingpost.com/f...ring=s~filson-/&merch=prod-rec-prod-prod636NF

GzStudio

Reaction score

Speaking of totes:

what Rye?

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might have to consider one of those for the future. How much did you get yours for? Is it this one:

https://ssl.sierratradingpost.com/filson-41l-tin-cloth-grab-n-go-tote-bag~p~636nf/?filterString=s~filson-/&merch=prod-rec-prod-prod636NF
Yes -that's exactly it. Tin cloth so it's super strong but also lighter weight - I basically have it folded up in the back of my SUV (note: NOT a 1980 CJ) all the time. I am amazed at how many uses I've found for it just in the past couple weeks. It's big and roomy. I wish the handles were about 3 inches longer, which would make it easier to sling over my shoulder but still works great.

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what Rye?
Bulleitt Rye - Combined with Carpano antica, a luxardo cherry and angostura bitters it's my typical, go-to Manhattan recipe.

Masterson's - a Canadian rye that is a family favorite here in my house. It's a bit sweeter than a typical spicy rye, which makes it great for sipping neat or over a large cube.

Also picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare to have around - 10 year, not the 17

GzStudio

Reaction score
Bulleitt Rye - Combined with Carpano antica, a luxardo cherry and angostura bitters it's my typical, go-to Manhattan recipe.

Masterson's - a Canadian rye that is a family favorite here in my house. It's a bit sweeter than a typical spicy rye, which makes it great for sipping neat or over a large cube.

interesting. had a few different bulleit's in vancouver last summer. I am a fan of the sweater rye's. my current cheap favorite is High West double rye.

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
interesting. had a few different bulleit's in vancouver last summer. I am a fan of the sweater rye's. my current cheap favorite is High West double rye.
Just killed that bottle a few days ago. Very good. I didn't do a taste test compared to the Masterson's but it was very good. I got this bottle of Masterson's for $61 which was discounted from what I usually see in the mid $70's.

Toombs

Reaction score
@johnnymiz, good eye! It is a late production 1974 so it has a F1.5 engine, 4 speed on the floor, and roll bar from the factory. I have upgraded the front brakes to disc. Yes no real rust to speak of, just “patina”. The hard top is not in great condition. I have never used it.

The truck is a great survivor. It is what it is with no hidden surprises. Everything works like it is supposed to - lights, gauges, knobs, handles, etc. It just looks 45 years old.

On the topic of bags. I have almost always been a one bagger for travel. I use packing cubes to turn my carryon into a dresser. Socks in one cube, underwear in a cube, shirts in a cube, etc. I can almost find anything in the dark at this point.

My slow drink of choice is Booker’s Bourbon over one large ice cube.

johnnymiz

Reaction score
I dont have the fancy cherries, but that's what i have in my manhattans, too. nice!
i like the bulleit bourbon, too.. the 10 year

johnnymiz

Reaction score
the wipers tell the story. smart putting the discs on it. they make a huge difference in safety.
my scout had 4 wheel drums. hard stop and you never knew which way it was gonna pull.
with my 40, hard stop will ALWAYS have the rear drifting to the right. just how it rolls and easy to correct since i know its coming

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ever try either of these Ryes? One is readily available at $27 (Rittenhouse) and the other (Willett) is an allocated Rye, usually sold for around $38. Both are high in proof (BiB and 106+) They are great at holding their Rye spice character under dilution. I use them in my Old Fashioned recipe.

D6CA28D7-BD41-4CD3-B20C-B312095EC97C.jpeg

605B6C67-A4CD-4DAB-A8D0-ABE006AC0EED.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads