• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ferragamo shoes

Cpal

Reaction score
I apologize if I'm bringing up a topic that has already been exhaustively covered (I tried a search but came up empty) -

What are the general opinions of Ferragamo shoes? I have a couple of pair and have been pleased with them to date but, to be honest they were purchased for purely cosmetic purposes only - I didn't give much consideration to quality, long-lasting, how they were made, etc.

I was curious as to whether they were seen as another example of a firm that has a well-known name but lacks the quality that they may have once been known for ...

Thanks.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My opinion is that they make some good-quality shoes, but better can be had for the same money. They can be great if purchased on sale. Styling varies from excellent to really ugly, depending on the specific pair.

Cpal

Reaction score
I have my eye on a pair on sale at NMarcus (orig $495 - sale for $299) - they are in the Ferragamo Tramezza line?  Any insight as to where that stands in their quality line-up?

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have my eye on a pair on sale at NMarcus (orig $495 - sale for $299) - they are in the Ferragamo Tramezza line? Any insight as to where that stands in their quality line-up?
Tramezza is the highest-quality Ferragamo line. They're nice shoes, and I've seen a number of tasty models. Which one are you considering?

$495 is a bit rich for them, but $299 isn't bad.

Cpal

Reaction score
Brown - cap toe brogue. The model is Lavoranions? Nice soft leather - sole is leather with a thin layer of rubber stitched to it - uneven stiching on sole (hand sewn?)

I can't find any pictures online but they seem to be a good deal.

Thanks.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Brown - cap toe brogue. The model is Lavoranions? Nice soft leather - sole is leather with a thin layer of rubber stitched to it - uneven stiching on sole (hand sewn?)
That's one of the tasty models that I've seen. They did it (or a model very similar) in chocolate suede this season, and the effect is even better. I tried the shoe on about six months ago, and it unfortunately didn't fit my foot very well.

They're well-made, but I'd be very surprised if they had any handwork on them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads