• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite troll?

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed this.. Anybody got a link?
Here you go. I should point out that I was just Lang and Ford, I have no idea who 'Tommy Hilfiger' was. (And I was going to do Hedi Slimane and Marc Jacobs as well - their pictures were all on the same page - but J locked the topic.)
mad.gif

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(A Harris @ 04 Oct. 2004, 02:22) I missed this.. Anybody got a link?
Here you go. I should point out that I was just Lang and Ford, I have no idea who 'Tommy Hilfiger' was. (And I was going to do Hedi Slimane and Marc Jacobs as well - their pictures were all on the same page - but J locked the topic.) Â
mad.gif

Yeah, I wonder who he could have been....
blush.gif

marc37

Reaction score
Does anybody have a list of the pseudonames marc39 was using on the askandy site.
marc39=savile1, cityslicker, brummel, kirkland, marc38. l suspect he may have been others but l am uncertain. Marc39 was an excellent troll, he was entertaining. Kalra sucked: he was disruptive and boring. He hijacked too many threads and invaded them with copious waffle. P.S: l think marc39 has re-entered AFF as stylesubstance.
biggrin.gif

marc37

Reaction score
The problem with marc39 was that he never was good at taking on different identities, he was always tripping up and revealing himself. He would always use the same [unusual] punctuation and phrasing; eg ** Sometimes he even forgot to log off as marc39 and would talk as cityslicker. Very funny. l miss him and hope he will be back soon. l have tried to convince Malinda and Andy to give him another go after a short ban. l believe marc39 will appear soon.

marc37

Reaction score
This guy is so sick he even made over 1200 irrelevant posts.

Kalra was this guys apprentice.

christian

Reaction score
How were you guys able to track these people down? One time, I found something that let you find a person's IP address, but I think they charged money to do this. And, is that all the info you can find, just their IP and the city? Or, can you actually find more info.

How did everybody figure out marc39 was really marc goldstein when he signed his name as marc grayson?

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
marc37,

I hate you so much for putting up that link about tagman77. I was really bored, so I decided to see how somebody could post over 1000 irrelevant posts. They were vulgar, sexist posts or just the stupidest things I've ever read. I've felt that I've learned so much from this forum. After reading some of his posts, my IQ has dropped. He must be a troll; nobody could be that inane or stupid.

I'm just wondering what the rules are to a forum like this, and what we could do if he ever found this site? Is there some rule that states that any posts must pass a certain threshold of intelligence?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
We cannot reveal our secrets.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Steve, that comment next to your Doctor Evil avatar is hilarious
biggrin.gif

Kasper

Reaction score
This might seem like an odd thread to resurrect but having joined only recently I only began to understand some of the inside jokes on SF after reading through the replies here. It might be good for other new members who don't want to feel so out of the loop. There are still a bunch of references I still can't figure out but I guess is part of the appeal of a place like this...

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kasper
This might seem like an odd thread to resurrect but having joined only recently I only began to understand some of the inside jokes on SF after reading through the replies here. It might be good for other new members who don't want to feel so out of the loop. There are still a bunch of references I still can't figure out but I guess is part of the appeal of a place like this...
No, it's just you.
wink.gif

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kasper

Kasper are you a troll?...unwilling to let your handiwork fade into oblivion?
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads