• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite brands for polos

seen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Are they 100% cotton or 50/50? I'd be interested in them if they were 100% cotton. Maybe have someone do a pick up or see if i end up going to boston/ny this summer.

Could use some too, please hook up.

dgb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Are they 100% cotton or 50/50? I'd be interested in them if they were 100% cotton.
The ones I picked up a couple of weeks ago are 72% cotton/26% polyester/2% elastane. They have quite a few different styles at the moment (in the UK at least), so others might be different - there's definitely a couple of different fabrics to the ones I got. Really nice though, the S fits pretty slim and reasonably short, and feels decent quality.

offline100

Reaction score
Le Tigre, Le Tigre, Le Tigre. $48 at retail, often half price at e.g. Filene's. Extremely soft, light and breathable.

Or if money is no object, Burberry/Burberry slim fit.

I'm way too tall for Lacoste, and too thin for RL, and have shoulders too broad for RL custom.

DrSbaitso

Reaction score
Lyle & Scott polos fit me really well. The only problem is their crest looks almost identical to American Eagle's, so, in North America at least, people think you're wearing a brand that you're not.
Not really a big deal, except I'm not a fan of American Eagle.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a Polo Shirt by Band of Outsiders makes some really pleasant garments. While pricier than than your standard polo, the fabric woven on sweet japanese looms that make fade resistant form holding shirts. That may be meaningless but I have two both of which have held up to washing and semi-rugged wear. They definately look sharper and wear better than any polo I have owned. The shirts also operate on the assumption that one need not demonstrate their status with a logo - which is nice IMO.

rbny

Reaction score
I find that the Brooks Brothers slim fit polo's fit me best and seem to hold up well. I wear a large slim fit and I have about a 10 inch drop; 43 Chest to 33.5-34 waist and I'm 6ft. I have several RLPL polo's that are a tad too long in size large and unfortunately did not hold its shape as well as the BB's.

dinogj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I'm actually really fond of the H&M slim stretch polos, for $12.90...

i have to say that i support this statement fully.
i use my polos and beat them to hell... these last just as long as anything else.

on a sidenote Nordstrom rack in my area has some burberry polos for $30...they were pretty darn ugly though =(

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polos are for stinky frat boys and middle aged suburbanites with depressing lives.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
Polos are for stinky frat boys and middle aged suburbanites with depressing lives.

Polos are also perfect for....

Your job as a Best Buy sales associate
Your job as a gas station attendant
Your night out on the town at Olive Garden

Made in California

Reaction score

word

Reaction score
Is there a practical reason for them being important for golf or is it just because everybody else wears one for golf?

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by word
Is there a practical reason for them being important for golf or is it just because everybody else wears one for golf?

Well, the collar doesn't make your ball miss sand traps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads