• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fantasy Premier League 2011-12

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Done it. Will only know if point deductions were made or not after next gameweek...
Not sure I got that much better team after transfering half the squad but it was fun. :D

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think we should keep the first week (even though I'm midtable).

The transfers are a lot of fun, and now feel like I'll do better because I have a better handle on what needs to be done with the team setup and points and whatnot.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If point deductions are made for transfers this week I think there will be uproar!

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the moment I confirm a transfer to get Maxi out, Dalglish is going to start him and he's going to explode again.

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score
Well it's saying I've got unlimited free transfers now so a bit of rejigging has been done. Only made 9 changes

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm.... I wonder who hasn't picked up Aguero after week 1...?

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmmmmmm.... I wonder who hasn't picked up Aguero after week 1...?

I thought about it, but 11.0 points is too expensive on the basis of one (impressive) performance.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Torres at 11.0 looks more expensive. Based on recent form. ;)

True. I went for Bent at 10.0 as he's proven in this league, but may end up with Aguero at some point.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
City are a bit of a minefield as to who's going to start over the next couple of weeks but Aguero looks so tempting for the season...

to be honest Chelsea, Liverpool, ManU aren't a lot better...

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

City are a bit of a minefield as to who's going to start over the next couple of weeks but Aguero looks so tempting for the season...

to be honest Chelsea, Liverpool, ManU aren't a lot better...

I've got Toure and Silva in my team, and I was a bit hesitant to invest so many points in Man City's midfield, but they're both so dynamic and probably the two first names on the team sheet each week that I think I should be OK.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just checked my team. Normally use Yahoo so the scoring in so messed up for me. I'm in the top 5% in Yahoo and only midtable in this league. Anybody have the link for the scoring guide?

Edit I guess I'm 6th, 59 points just seems a bit low.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got Toure and Silva in my team, and I was a bit hesitant to invest so many points in Man City's midfield, but they're both so dynamic and probably the two first names on the team sheet each week that I think I should be OK.

Silva gets the spot kicks which is a huge plus (at least for Yahoo scoring). Both are solid picks though. I figure with city you know kompany will always start with Silva/Toure/Nasri/Kun. After that I think its when the selection comes into play. As for Man Utd. Vidic/Rooney are pretty much the only for sure picks, although you know Park will start in every big game of the season. Liverpool you figure Adam is a lock, the rest are a bit questionable.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No concerns that the rrival of Nasri might shake things up in the midfield?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads