1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy English Premier League game - again!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by ManofKent, Jul 19, 2012.

1. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I'm slowly recovering from my abysmal start...

2. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

God awful week. Scored one half of the average :embar:

3. clockwise

clockwise Senior member

Wasted transfer this week, I got Berbatov in for Grant Holt only to see Berba out with a hip injury until 20 Oct. Must execute my chief scout.

Anyone planning to catch up with me this week or can I enjoy my top position in peace?

4. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

That's a familiar story - I transferred out Tevez for Berbatov mid week... :embar:

Still deciding whether to take a hit and replace Berbatov with another striker...

5. clockwise

clockwise Senior member

And you did it.
    And he scored!

6. clockwise

clockwise Senior member

Demba Ba saves my week. Many thanks Captain Ba.

7. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Considering the rest of my team have managed a maximum of 2pts each so far I deserve one break ;)

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Used wildcard, not a single player on my team got over 2 points, including subs (maybe Winston Reid will pull a hat trick and carry my sorry ass team). Nice to see Everton sitting above Manchester, even if they're also over my Gunners

9. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Not a good week for me either. I'm relying on Demel to keep a cleansheet and score a hat-trick :D

The 10 minutes that West Brom were leading Villa were good - the thoughts of winning and going 3rd putting us above both the Manchester teams was lovely, but I'll settle with us being 6th with the draw against Villa. It's our best start to a season since 1978 I think!

10. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

Season going from bad to worse.

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Well so much for that hope, Reid just got run over by a bus

12. clockwise

clockwise Senior member

Wednesday morning and the fantasy league is still not updated with the automatic subs. Too slow! How difficult can it be to keep track of 2.5 million teams? :D

I am now mainly concerned about my forwards - an injured Berbatov, a Podoloski who has stopped performing and a Demba Ba who will be up against Man U next round.... But at the same time I feel the need to transfer out either Lescott or Mertesacker since they are not guaranteed starters. Midfield looks quite useful however: Hazard, Santi Cazorla, Larsson, Pienaar, Michu. Don't think i will make any changes in the middle.

It is tough to be managing a team at the top of the league. :happy:

13. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Obviously my heart bleeds ;)

Arsenal have an okay fixture, and with ManU's current defence Demba Ba stands a decent chance.

14. clockwise

clockwise Senior member

You are a man of empathy. I notice that we have a similar midfield and that you are strong on Everton. But are you not tying up too much money in RvP? I know he may be the most likely to score of all strikers in the league but that luxury comes at a high price.

I decided to keep all my Arsenal players and you are quite right about Demba against ManU.
    I now wonder which is the correct captain pick - Ba, Podoloski or Hazard (vs Norwich) perchance?

Thursday morning and the Fantasy League is STILL not updated for automatic subs. The valid question remains: how difficult can it be to keep track of 2.5 million teams??? Outrageous and hardly worth the money.

15. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I've had Baines & Pienaar for a while but added Fellani last week thinking Everton would tear Swansea apart (every Everton player apart from the free I had seemed to do well :embar:). I'm undecided about hanging onto RvP but there's no one else from United that's attractive and they'll keep grinding out results... It does weaken my defence...

Of those three I'd captain Hazard if I had him, although my history with Hazard isn't great - I swapped out Bale for Hazard as Bale wasn't doing anything and hazard looked great, but as soon as i swapped Bale started performing and Hazard became a shadow of himself...

I need them to sort out the auto subs - my 2pts for Demel make up a good percentage of last week's total :embar: Having said that FPL is much more reliable than than Uefa's champions league game...

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  16. clockwise

clockwise Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Your kit design colour combination has brought the wrath of the Gods upon your team. Understandably. :nodding:

17. clockwise

clockwise Senior member

Auto subs done. You got your 2 points but just like me lost a bonus point for Begovic. No xplanation from the management. I was lucky to get 7 points for my sub Riise. :D

Hazard as captain is a good suggestion. Will you dare to go with RvP??

18. clockwise

clockwise Senior member

Another lucky week. Hazard was a good choice for captain and I had four players collecting bonus points. Playing fantasy football is such a pleasant hobby. :happy:

19. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Hmmm. I had a decent Saturday, apart from defensively, but was relying on Bale (c), RvP and Lambert to do something on Sunday...:brick:

20. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

My slide down the league continues. Sack the manager!