• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake RLPL cashmere...

P3R3

Reaction score
I have been comming across some suspicious looking tags on cashmere lately:
eeca_12_sb.JPG

Heres a pic of the sweater:
ee56_12_sb.JPG

I have seen this same kind of tag on fake Polo shirts, the authentic stuff from this generation does not have the "xl" in script, and thier is no tag on the bottom of the purple label ribbon.

Any ideas, could this be just a leftover from an older generation of RLPL?

coachvu

Reaction score
Looks like a fake tag to me, as well. I agree that the size shouldn't be in script. The tag itself doesn't look like it was sewn on later. The smaller tag that says "100% Cashmere" also looks strange. It sure is convenient that the picture doesn't show the face of the price tag.

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
I think it's fake, as well. Besides the size tag, these areas look especially poor:

eeca12sbba5.jpg

I've never seen a Purple Label size tag in script, and I have both polos and sweaters. Fwiw, I have seen the country of origin/fabric label in script, but only in Blue Label polo shirts.

P3R3

Reaction score
Man I really regret sleeping through the other sweater I was watching. That one was legit.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe it is fake.

I have the real version of this sweater that I bought at the brick and mortar store.

The label is completely different.

dsc0204largegu4.jpg

dsc0206largexe6.jpg

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RLPL has many different type labels. That comes from having multiple suppliers, I suppose.

I don't know about RLPL Cashmere sweater labeling. But I bough a RLPL Linen shirt from fashion_exchange. He has a good rep as a seller and I've been satisfied with the shirt.

Note that it has the size in Script, as in the supposed fake RLPL cashmere.

Here is a copy of the label:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ITALY-Made-RALPH...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm no expert but I think these linen shirts are genuine. Does any one think they are not? A picture of a RLPL linen shirt bought at a B & M store might help. But even that's not infallible, in that Ebay items tend to be older than B & M items and the design of the label might have changed.

RLPL just has too many different labels. Anyone have an opinion wheather or not the RLPL label that I posted on the linen shirt is genuine?

NKT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
I think it's fake, as well. Besides the size tag, these areas look especially poor:
eeca12sbba5.jpg
I've never seen a Purple Label size tag in script, and I have both polos and sweaters. Fwiw, I have seen the country of origin/fabric label in script, but only in Blue Label polo shirts.

I'm not so sure this is absolutely fake. I looked through my closet, and found a shirt with a very similar purple label logo (from maybe 4-5 yrs ago), including the 'especially poor' areas on the R and U. And yes, the size was in script. BTW the one in my closet was purchased from saks beverly hills.

CHITON

Reaction score
The sweater is authentic but it is part of a quite old collection.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that you mention it, I do have older RLPL stuff (outerwear) with the size in script like that. I don't know if they did their sweaters like that though.

P3R3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Now that you mention it, I do have older RLPL stuff (outerwear) with the size in script like that. I don't know if they did their sweaters like that though.
I figured it was a really old piece that he picked up at some consignment shop.

I guess that is the design that the fakers use because its been out longer than the newer tags.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smartmultimart