• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that. It seemed a bit odd as the label looks to be the one usually used on BB polo-t's.

I've actually come across quite few of these.

Shredder

Reaction score
Been starting to really get into Versace ties recently. The gold, generally black labels, make a really great look for me when put together properly. I've found that there are a lot of quality ties on ebay, and different sites, but it can get a little disconcerting with all the fake garbage out there.

Do you guys think this tie is legit? http://www.ebay.com/itm/262202630641?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This exact tie was actually posted on here a while back, but the tags and IDs are totally different. Is the one listed here:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/130609/authenticity-check-on-versace-ties -(It's toward the bottom.)- the fake version of the one on ebay? Or are they both frauding?

Lastly, Do any of you have some suggestions on learning some of the old labels or tags from different brands?? I've found a few minor lists from websites, but it's not like Versace or wherever offer a comprehensive resource. Heck, they don't even show you the back of the tie you're buying online to begin with.

Appreciate any feedback!
-Shred

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone happen to recognize these, and know whether or not they're legit? Appears to be Imoco spa for Louis Vuitton, but I haven't heard of them, nor do I know if they made clothes at all to be honest...

Here's the two Louis Vuitton labels inside the jackets:

First picture is the inner jacket tag, followed by two pictures of the inner pant tag:

Thanks in advance for your help!

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone happen to recognize these, and know whether or not they're legit? Appears to be Imoco spa for Louis Vuitton, but I haven't heard of them, nor do I know if they made clothes at all to be honest...

Here's the two Louis Vuitton labels inside the jackets:

First picture is the inner jacket tag, followed by two pictures of the inner pant tag:

Thanks in advance for your help!

Confirmed legit by Spoo - made by Belvest!

jaz23

Reaction score
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

So I brought this Versace coat from the good will thinking it was real, I didn't have time to fully examine it so I just purchased it anyway. I'm still not sure if it's real or not because it's hard to distinguish. I've added a few pics hope they're clear enough to determine or not so some type of help will be very helpful. It's of good condition and the overall quality of the coat is really good and it's heavy. It's really old I can tell by the style and the smell lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads