• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The seller has stated there are no tags at all in this jacket. So it was even hard to figure out the sizing because he had to use a tape measure he says.

That is a red flag in my book. I would pass on it.

Man of Wealth and Taste

Reaction score

Can some one authenticate this Prada suit?
[ATTACHMENT=11286]5-7272_zpsonizr2gq.jpg (286k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=11287]5-7279_zpscbldsfb7.jpg (434k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT] [ATTACHMENT=11288]5-7280_zpswq6q6ccq.jpg (208k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT] [ATTACHMENT=11289]5-7284_zpsasazgmiv.jpg (313k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT] [ATTACHMENT=11290]5-7283_zpshfovsnic.jpg (509k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Looks okay, it'd be better to see the manufacturer's tag on the inside of the jacket (rather than just the material tag).

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lolz at that terribly faked V.

Made in California

Reaction score

Good to know, glad I left it behind.  The material just didn't feel right.  

Is there any type of resource where I can find out some of this stuff on my own or is this more of an experience type thing?

1) There's a site that has of brands with just images of their tags on it, maybe someone can paste the link.

2) Just know a little something about the brands. The Versace t-shirt was a perfect example: you don't have to have any sort of eye for detail - just know that "Versace Collection" is a different brand of clothing than "Versace" so once you see the tag for one and the logo of the other you can just stop there. Or know what the Collection logo looks like (never using the full Medusa).

3) Understand some things about construction. This Kiton posted a bit up the thread is a great example: http://cdn.styleforum.net/e/e1/e1051cd0_DSC_0004.jpeg It would blow my mind if someone made a knock-off Kiton suit with hand-stitching under the collar where you can't see it. But it helps to know what handwork looks like.

Last edited:

hardtobeagod

Reaction score
Are these Lanvin pants real? Link below, there are two pairs pictured there: one light khaki color, and one white "casual pants."

http://imgur.com/a/Tvd3D

-Seller said this is pants from ss14
-All buttons have the word "Lanvin" engraved into them twice
-"Gutos M" written on the pants hook. Seems it is a gutos hook, all closures are hidden with button fastening, no zippers on these pants.

Material is very easy to wrinkle, probably very delicate in order to achieve a certain effect. Seems of very low quality material to me, to be honest, for price I paid. That is the only reason I am thinking it to be ungeniune. 80% sure it is real Lanvin though.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Real and very over priced.

hardtobeagod

Reaction score
Real and very over priced.
So right man. Basically, was wearing the white ones and every time I sat down I would watch as wrinkles formed all over them. Any clue how to upkeep them correctly? I feel if I put them in the wash they will fall apart honestly. Will probably end up returning both of them tomorrow, so low quality and for the price tag on there I don't recommend.

jplay51

Reaction score
Good to know, glad I left it behind. The material just didn't feel right.

Is there any type of resource where I can find out some of this stuff on my own or is this more of an experience type thing?
Hey yanger87 I was just talking to Spoopoker about making a general talk Versace thread. I'm more into the modern collections but I'll gather some label info to compile in one place and invite some more knowledgeable friends. There don't seem to be any good (english) forums or threads around for Versace despite the size of the brand. I suspect this has something to do with the "Donatella ruined Versace" attitude people seem to have.

The thread is under streetwear: hyperlink or http://www.styleforum.net/t/503402/contemporary-opulence-and-risk-taking-versace-thread

Last edited:

yanger87

Reaction score
Hey yanger87 I was just talking to Spoopoker about making a general talk Versace thread. I'm more into the modern collections but I'll gather some label info to compile in one place and invite some more knowledgeable friends. There don't seem to be any good (english) forums or threads around for Versace despite the size of the brand. I suspect this has something to do with the "Donatella ruined Versace" attitude people seem to have.

The thread is under streetwear: hyperlink or http://www.styleforum.net/t/503402/contemporary-opulence-and-risk-taking-versace-thread
Awesome! Will definitely be subbing to that thread.

Ngredient

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm with me the authenticity of my Rick Owens Stooges? It's supposed to be from SS11:slayer:

Thanks! :slayer:

babby59

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I found this 2 pc. suit at an estate sale.
The inside label says Versace Jeans Couture ITTIERRE SPA, there is a hologram on the backside of tag. I would like to sell it seeing that it is way to small for me, but not sure if this is authentic.

Thank you
Babby59.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads