• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Man of Wealth and Taste

Reaction score

This is listed on Ebay right now as a "[COLOR=333333]LUXURY MENS VALENTINO SHAWL COLLAR TUXEDO/ DINNER SUIT 38R W32 X L32" ([/COLOR]http://www.ebay.com/itm/LUXURY-MENS-VALENTINO-SHAWL-COLLAR-TUXEDO-DINNER-SUIT-38R-W32-X-L32-/221483020752?pt=UK_Men_s_Suits_Tailoring&hash=item33916ab1d0) [COLOR=333333]Real or Fake? Does anyone know how Ebay resolves conflicts over things like this? Thanks in advance![/COLOR]
This is real, but older, maybe late 80's early 90's - not sure, but it's at least 15 years old.

J888www

Reaction score

hi, i wanna ask something , can you guys help me out to check my salvatore loafers its authentic or fake? thanks because my Friends gave me this as a gift i just want to check

They are real - Shame your friends have a friend like you.... 

Ilovelobbs, you are far too polite and helpful.
I feel sad for those Friends, what a Bar-Steward those generous Friends have for a friend..........................

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That suit is probably "genuine" (as far as it goes).

Before Alexander McQueen got taken under the wings of what was then PPR (Kering now) in 2001, he had a licencing deal with some Italian manufacturer to produce an Alexander McQueen range of suits and overcoats.

I've seen these suits before, they are from the mid-late 1990s and the suits are pretty ugly and cheaply made. Obviously the suit range wasn't a great success and didn't last very long.

Stay well clear!

Last edited:

green_machine

Reaction score
Saw these a few weeks ago and had a bad feeling about them. For 50 a piece I didn't want to risk getting them.

They had a wierd segmented rubber sole that was strange and unlike any ive seen online or in person. The embossed part of the insole was not colored and did not have gold leaf. The bit also looked kind of cheap. Over all they didnt look like $400+ quality. What do you all think?

Thanks

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The vendor studiously avoids showing any of the writing on the labels including that in the garment itself.

Wide berth therefore.

louisleb

Reaction score
Hi all,
Would appreciate if you could answer my question.

Last edited:

KonkreteKhaos

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if this YSL tie is authentic?

Let me know if you need more pictures to tell. Thank you.

anglezarke

Reaction score
I purchased a Burberry Prosum Heart print shirt AW13 from ebay and suspect that it is fake. I've purchased a lot of designer clothes on ebay but still don't know as much as many people on this forum. As far as I am aware the actual prorsum shirts don't have pockets (this could be a slightly different version but I question that). Also aren't they made of cotton rather than linen, I could potentially be a sample version but then there would be a red dot on the label. Then the label itself doesn't look like a genuine Prosum one and to me, despite all that the stitching inside looks too low quality to be burberry prorsum.
I am aware of eBay's policy on fake goods meaning that I should be able to obtain a refund however I'd sooner hear the opinions of others before accusing people of selling me a fake.
Thanks for your help!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads