• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

Fully Threaded

Reaction score
ZILLI - SHOE BAG

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zilli-Shoe...957176?hash=item285235eb38:g:vdsAAOSwKTVakZ5H

Couple things:

- This seller has excellent feedback. Going through his other items.. doesn't seem like a scammer.
- That said - how do you get like 15 Zilli shoe bags? Where the hell did these come from?
- Note the last photo - Zilli using a YKK zipper?! They *own* a zipper factory for christ sake what are they doing using YKK instead of Riri.
- Interesting the way the tag is stitched onto the handle - looks like fabric on top of leather.
- No brandings/marking on shoe horn?

Strongly leaning toward this being fake based off my own knowledge of the brand but it's just hard to fathom considering the seller is otherwise what appears to be a very legit successful consigner of high-end menswear.

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ZILLI - SHOE BAG

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zilli-Shoe...957176?hash=item285235eb38:g:vdsAAOSwKTVakZ5H

Couple things:

- This seller has excellent feedback. Going through his other items.. doesn't seem like a scammer.
- That said - how do you get like 15 Zilli shoe bags? Where the hell did these come from?
- Note the last photo - Zilli using a YKK zipper?! They *own* a zipper factory for christ sake what are they doing using YKK instead of Riri.
- Interesting the way the tag is stitched onto the handle - looks like fabric on top of leather.
- No brandings/marking on shoe horn?

Strongly leaning toward this being fake based off my own knowledge of the brand but it's just hard to fathom considering the seller is otherwise what appears to be a very legit successful consigner of high-end menswear.

I don't know if this is fake or not. But to answer your question, how does a seller get 15 shoe bags?

At one point, several Asian airlines bought Tumi travel bags as their gifts for customers in first class. There must have been a rejection of some lots for defects, or maybe overstock, because shortly afterwards, they flooded eBay. Here is the item I am referring to (these ones made for Delta Airlines):
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/TUMI-Toilet...632926?hash=item417c7fed9e:g:lGYAAOxyUrZS06aa

To be clear, I'm not saying THESE particular Zili bags are real or fake.

But there are plausible explanations as to how a seller can have so many of one item.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for your replies. Someone pointed this out.
Is this normal View attachment 937454
I would say no if it were the London or Prorsum lines. But Brit is pretty low tier so stuff like that is common

Edit: just saw the other photos on purseblog and the issues in the pics do look super suspect and the receipt is pretty laughable

Last edited:

Fully Threaded

Reaction score
I don't know if this is fake or not. But to answer your question, how does a seller get 15 shoe bags?

At one point, several Asian airlines bought Tumi travel bags as their gifts for customers in first class. There must have been a rejection of some lots for defects, or maybe overstock, because shortly afterwards, they flooded eBay. Here is the item I am referring to (these ones made for Delta Airlines):
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/TUMI-Toilet...632926?hash=item417c7fed9e:g:lGYAAOxyUrZS06aa

To be clear, I'm not saying THESE particular Zili bags are real or fake.

But there are plausible explanations as to how a seller can have so many of one item.

A valid point for certain brands. I'd definitely believe it for Tumi - even Givenchy I believe did a set of airline products and Chanel has a bunch of VIP gifts floating around that are cheap gifts you get for buying perfume. But Zilli's really a different type of company as far as I can tell (and the primary reason that I am a fan) and this would be the first I'd seen of them having a glut of lower-quality items.

Last edited:

TheOne11

Reaction score
Are these real valentino Roma and Dries Van Noten shirts?

Thanks.

s-l400 (12).jpg

s-l400 (10).jpg

s-l400 (15).jpg

s-l400 (14).jpg

s-l400 (13).jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say no if it were the London or Prorsum lines. But Brit is pretty low tier so stuff like that is common

Edit: just saw the other photos on purseblog and the issues in the pics do look super suspect and the receipt is pretty laughable
That receipt is awful lmao

Bubrry LOL yikes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads