• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everlane T-shirts

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

I was a HUGE fan of them early on, and then gradually lost interest.  It seems like as the price of things went up, the quality went down, and it stopped being a radically better value than competitors.  Combined with a number of customer service snaffus, and quality control, I just stopped being pumped up about everlane.  Now I get all my stuff from Gustin.

My at cost belt and my vegetable tanned leather belt are still amazing from them.  Wear them all the time.  

Funny you mention that; my at-cost belt is one of my most-worn belts, although I haven't bought anything from Everlane in years.

CasvalRD

Reaction score
If you're looking for a cashmere sweater, they're cheaper and probably better quality than mall options. I'd say do it.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The new rain jackets look pretty slick. Wonder how well they perform.

Can't tell if they are supposed to be more equivalent to a rain jacket (like a Marmot Precip) or a heavier shell (like a goretex shell).

Looks like they are going for the latter...otherwise the prices seem high for something that is just a less-technical-looking version of a stuffable rain jacket.

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The new rain jackets look pretty slick. Wonder how well they perform.

Can't tell if they are supposed to be more equivalent to a rain jacket (like a Marmot Precip) or a heavier shell (like a goretex shell).

Looks like they are going for the latter...otherwise the prices seem high for something that is just a less-technical-looking version of a stuffable rain jacket.

It's a bonded cotton fabric, similar in hand feel to what you would find on a Mackintosh jacket, but more breathable (more like that goretex shell you were mentioning).

In terms of performance, it's a 3-layer sandwich that is 100% waterproof with fully taped seams. You can spray it with a hose and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

momentoftruth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a bonded cotton fabric, similar in hand feel to what you would find on a Mackintosh jacket, but more breathable (more like that goretex shell you were mentioning).

In terms of performance, it's a 3-layer sandwich that is 100% waterproof with fully taped seams. You can spray it with a hose and you'll be fine.
Sizing looks pretty big (42" chest on XS) as posted. Size down?

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sizing looks pretty big (42" chest on XS) as posted. Size down?

It's designed to fit over a sweater and there's almost no stretch so we had to leave a bit of room. I would take your normal size. There's a lot of structure in the fabric so it will not drape super loose.

Last edited:

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was interested in it, but the cut makes it look like it sits strangely in the chest area. wonder if that would settle down over time

Last edited:

momentoftruth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd kind of given up on Everlane after my last few experiences (though my 4-5 year-old tees are still going strong), but I took a punt on their pants recently, and have been pretty impressed by the heavyweight slim chinos and slim jeans. Went TTS and the cuts really work well for me, with only a minor quibble or two, but at this price point I'm more than satisfied. The jeans in particular may be enough for me to stop scouring the web for cheap Acne (which is becoming harder and harder for some reason)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads