• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ESQUIRE mag - video of 8 visits to UK manufacturers

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cool. Nice soundtrack. Patrick Grant seems like a good spokesman for UK manufacturing. Hope he can help introduce these traditions to younger generation. The first episode was pretty good. Will watch the rest later.

Oleg

Reaction score
Saw that a while ago: really interesting and it's great that these types of company are surviving, or even thriving.
Of course it also has potential for 'product bingo': no doubt some of you will own things from all the suppliers visited. There's also the drinking game: you have to down a shot every time he mentions E. Tautz

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a outstanding selection of real and honest producers
makes me proud to be British

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this...but I feel abandoned and ignored... http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=225637
lol8[1].gif

Vigilant

Reaction score
Watched this some time ago in it's entirety. So cool to see how proud everyone is of their craft while working under rather humble conditions.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hrb

Reaction score
thanks very much for posting this, i also would've missed it otherwise!

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah i watched these a few weeks ago - great series. I actually went out and tried on some john smedley at a local heritage wear store - turns out its fantastic, and the fit is great. Why no love for John Smedley on here?

Oleg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Yeah i watched these a few weeks ago - great series. I actually went out and tried on some john smedley at a local heritage wear store - turns out its fantastic, and the fit is great. Why no love for John Smedley on here?
can't speak for others but I've been wearing them for years. Thatvsaid, I don't if they're as high quality as they used to be. I've got one that's well over 10 years old. But I've another that's maybe three years old and not wearing quite as well.

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oleg
can't speak for others but I've been wearing them for years. Thatvsaid, I don't if they're as high quality as they used to be. I've got one that's well over 10 years old. But I've another that's maybe three years old and not wearing quite as well.

The qquality was even better twenty years ago. It seems to decline every decade but the prices do not reduce in proportion.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix