• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet x Carmina MTO

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am interested. I think it would be great in spice!

aldenwear

Reaction score

Depending on the color, I might be interested.
What shade of brown in "spice"Picture?

Doesn't matter. The answer to your question is that spice is a suede color that Carmina used to offer bit because it is a gutless, useless firm, it offers no longer. So if you want a shoe in spice suede, which is a vibrant, great color, you must punish Carmina for abandoning it and get it from a superior shoe maker like Edward Green, St. Crispins or the like.

diglett

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. The answer to your question is that spice is a suede color that Carmina used to offer bit because it is a gutless, useless firm, it offers no longer. So if you want a shoe in spice suede, which is a vibrant, great color, you must punish Carmina for abandoning it and get it from a superior shoe maker like Edward Green, St. Crispins or the like.
Uuuuuh...
eh.gif

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Woah...

Meermin has Copper which is very similar if you aren't in the mood to spend 2x the price. Vass through Epaulet may as well have something similar.

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I would also be in for brown. Are you sure that they stopped stocking spice. I am pretty sure there is another MTO floating around for them which is spice or copper (which I think are the same thing for Carmina).

aldenwear

Reaction score
Well I would also be in for brown. Are you sure that they stopped stocking spice. I am pretty sure there is another MTO floating around for them which is spice or copper (which I think are the same thing fo
Only two days ago (on May 6), the kabosh was put on a Carmina group made to order in which I was participating for a shoe in spice suede. The reason given for the kabosh was that Carmina had decided not to stock spice suede any more, that it had none of this leather now, and would not be getting anymore.

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if you think carmina is such a useless and gutless and terrible shoe maker, you should probably leave the thread.... just saying.

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only two days ago (on May 6), the kabosh was put on a Carmina group made to order in which I was participating for a shoe in spice suede.  The reason given for the kabosh was that Carmina had decided not to stock spice suede any more, that it had none of this leather now, and would not be getting anymore.

disappointing.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you think carmina is such a useless and gutless and terrible shoe maker, you should probably leave the thread.... just saying.

I am inclined to agree. If you're trying to be humorous, which is totally be fine, you (aldenwear) just need to make it clear so as not to get people worked up.

aldenwear

Reaction score
I am inclined to agree. If you're trying to be humorous, which is totally be fine, you (aldenwear) just need to make it clear so as not to get people worked up.
i own a number of Carmina shoes, and have thus given Carmina a fair amount of money. I was writing in response to a group made to order -- that is, a plan to give Carmina more money -- that went awry because Carmina exited the particular leather. I have said a lot of nice things about Carmina as well as inveighing against the spice suede thing. I will leave it at that.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well anyway the suede Carmina does stock is really A1 stuff.

Has anyone seen Carmina do a completely unlined, lightweight, but still goodyear welted suede shoe? -- i.e. not mocc stitched. I'm thinking an unlined three-eyelet dover with a single leather sole in navy suede, maybe with bright white stitching, for summer (maybe too late for this summer at this point). Alden does something similar to what I have in mind, but Camina's suede is much better stuff, and I prefer Carmina lasts.

Anyone seen Carmina do an unlined suede shoe?

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i own a number of Carmina shoes, and have thus given Carmina a fair amount of money. I was writing in response to a group made to order -- that is, a plan to give Carmina more money -- that went awry because Carmina exited the particular leather. I have said a lot of nice things about Carmina as well as inveighing against the spice suede thing. I will leave it at that.

You can leave it at that, but I think that is a bit of entitlement. Steve spoke to Carmina after having enough interests. These things happens. Lines or colors aren't profitable. Maybe you if message Carmina they have enough for a 1 time MTO. Did you even communicate directly with Betty to let her know your feelings before insulting the company?
If Carmina had taken your money and then decided they don't have the leather we'd be having a very different conversation.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This sounds very arrogant. Carmina doesn't owe you anything, and just because you have bought from them in the past does not mean that they should make exceptions for you. There was no actual GMTO going, (there weren't even 6 members in for it) plus Steve had said before that he didn't know if Carmina stocked the leather, but he had to confirm, its not like carmina led you on at all.

Also, you cannot just insult the company, come up with some oblique excuse, and then just say "i will leave it at that" like the matter is satisfied.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads