• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Enzo Custom Clothiers NYC

rockred819

Reaction score
thanks bsarosi, appreciate the info. Anyone else have experience with them, especially in DC?
I'm curious about this too. Anyone used them in DC? Also, does anyone have any thoughts on how Enzo compares to Suitsupply's MTM program?

bsarosi

Reaction score
I use them for alterations but haven't used them for any MTM. I, too, am considering Sofios and Suitsuply for my wedding suit. Leaning towards Sofios since I've been pleased with my alterations.

Sofios MTM starts at $895 as an FYI. Not sure about Suitsupply

mrv08

Reaction score
I started going to Enzo in DC last fall in the hopes of rebuilding the business end of my wardrobe from absolute scratch. Went with one of their starter packages and bought a charcoal suit, two shirts, and three accessories (ties and pocket squares) for around $750. I opted for a full floating canvas instead of their standard half canvas, which costs $65 per jacket to upgrade. It was that first time that I had ever purchased a suit jacket with a full natural canvas and it feels and wears very nicely and comfortably on my torso. Far more lifelike and form-fitting than a synthetic canvas. Simply put, it is fun to wear! Will definitely add to the longevity of the fabric over time. It was completely worth the upgrade.

When the suit was ready to try on, Enzo emailed me to setup an appointment to try everything on. The fit and details on everything - jacket, pants, shirts - was flawless the first time and needed absolutely no alterations. I prefer a slim tailored fit that isn't too loose anywhere on my body. The thing that helped with creating that profile was wearing my best clothes to the fitting to give Bergen a better idea of what I wanted to accomplish, and it was very helpful. The entry-level wool had a nice healthy feel to it. The entry-level shirts were decent, but the cotton fabric was prone to more wrinkles than normal because of how thin it was. A few months later, I went back for a starter closet package - one suit, one (navy) blazer (full canvas included), two trousers, and one shirt. I opted to upgrade to a slightly nicer package of wool and cotton on everything. The cost - around $1600. Once again, the fit and details on everything were exactly what I had hoped for - flawless. The quality of the shirt, in particular, was much nicer than before. I was slightly thicker, which made it less prone to wrinkling, and thus made for a more sturdy appearance.

Overall, Enzo Custom Clothiers has given me the kind of quality and experience in menswear that met and exceeded many of my expectations. I plan to be their customer in the foreseeable future, and they have my full endorsement for anyone interested in custom made clothing at very competitive costs. Two thumbs up!

rockred819

Reaction score
I ordered my first suit from Enzo in DC recently and was very pleased by the experience. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product and trying it on, and will report back when I do. Burgan was great, and the price was fantastic.

Last edited:

rockred819

Reaction score
Got my suit back, and it's fantastic. It fits perfectly. I was expecting it to need some slight alterations here and there, but honestly I was stunned by how well it fit. Enzo (and Burgan) has definitely earned my business moving forward. Highly recommended for anyone in the DC area looking for a new suit.

brianoh

Reaction score
I had a some problems with mine. I had to go back 3x in order to get it the way I wanted it to fit-- this is the midtown east location. Doesn't really matter what location state-wide anyway, they outsource their manufacturing to China and have their in-house tailor make the minor alterations. 6.5/10 for me.

rockred819

Reaction score
I had a some problems with mine. I had to go back 3x in order to get it the way I wanted it to fit-- this is the midtown east location. Doesn't really matter what location state-wide anyway, they outsource their manufacturing to China and have their in-house tailor make the minor alterations. 6.5/10 for me.
I think location does matter. While they outsource all their manufacturing to China, it seems like Burgan in DC nails the measurements and the people I've seen post about that location (myself included) are very happy with how their clothes fit when they come back. It may be that the person doing the measurements in different locations are not all equal. Just because the garment is made in the same place doesn't mean it will be as well-fitting for everyone, it wholly depends on how good the measurements submitted are.

makeitright

Reaction score
I got a suit up / red line Suit Supply made to measure suit. It cost about $1100. I just found out about Enzos and Sofios in the DC metro area.

I checked Enzos website and it looks like you get a much better deal than Suit Supply.

There are suit packages at Enzos and they have regular fabric package and then three premiums fabric packages. The lowest of the three premium is Vitale Barberis. You can see a picture of the sewn in label. That is the exact same label in my suit supply jacket.

WELL ... Suit supply quotes $1049 for a suit and I paid $1109.32 including tax and I got Vitale Barberis.

Enzo quotes $949 for a Vitale Baberis suit AND get this...!!!

You also get a custom shirt, and you get a tie included !

I had to pay an extra $168 for my suit supply custom shirt and I still don't have a tie yet.

Suit Supply Package for Vitale Barberis:

Suit Supply with DC tax applied:
$1109.32
$0168.14
$0072.97
=1350.43 grand total

Enzo Package with DC tax applied:
= 992.99 grand total

That is a $357.44 savings !!!! at Enzos compared to Suit Supply !

Now, the reason I went to Suit Supply is because I knew about them and also I could see the sort of style they would make for me. But now that I know about others and have an example of what I like, I can go anywhere. I think with Suit Supply you are paying for:

1. Location (small custom clothiers are not on the high streets)
2. Advertising (small custom clothiers are not well known by most people)

I just got some alterations at Sofios and haven't gotten them back yet, but I plan to check out their other offerings.

Last edited:

nlu89

Reaction score
After the 3x revisions, did they ultimately end up fixing the suit exactly to the way you wanted it? Or did you end up just accepting it because it had already taken so long at that point? I'm trying to get a feel for Enzo's, as I am looking to go there for my next MTM suits; I have 2 MTM suits from SuitSupply, and while they're alright, I wouldn't say that they're perfect.

Alternatively, if anyone has any suggestions for a place to go for a MTM suit with strong/clean shoulders/chest and moderate-strong waist suppression in NYC <$1500, it would be much appreciated. I did use the search function, and the only other options I've managed to find besides Enzo's specialize in more American-style suits.

If only David Reeves still did MTM :(

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After the 3x revisions, did they ultimately end up fixing the suit exactly to the way you wanted it? Or did you end up just accepting it because it had already taken so long at that point? I'm trying to get a feel for Enzo's, as I am looking to go there for my next MTM suits; I have 2 MTM suits from SuitSupply, and while they're alright, I wouldn't say that they're perfect.

Alternatively, if anyone has any suggestions for a place to go for a MTM suit with strong/clean shoulders/chest and moderate-strong waist suppression in NYC <$1500, it would be much appreciated. I did use the search function, and the only other options I've managed to find besides Enzo's specialize in more American-style suits.

If only David Reeves still did MTM :(

Try Andrew Locke. @angelicboris

nlu89

Reaction score
Try Andrew Locke. @angelicboris
Thanks for the suggestion. I did a quick Google search, and his stuff looks amazing. It does look like it would be over my budget, but I'll definitely reach out to him to discuss options. Again, thanks for the suggestion - very much appreciated!

DCTieGuy

Reaction score
thanks bsarosi, appreciate the info. Anyone else have experience with them, especially in DC?
I purchased a suit from Enzo last year and am very happy with it. They did have to remake the jacket for me once and then do some further alterations because it was too narrow for my shoulders. I also wasn't that impressed with the shirt and I'm very particular about ties so I didn't even take one of the ones they had in stock. Hoping to purchase another suit and maybe a blazer very soon from Burgan in their DC office.

BenjaminZeev

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to post pictures of their Enzo suits/jackets and/or if anyone has experience suppling Enzo with their own fabric...

mrv08

Reaction score
All from last year. I did put on several pounds in some of those photos, but the clothes still fit perfectly (possibly even better than before).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads