• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"English American" / Elio in DC

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have heard of a custom tailor near DC called Elio. Supposedly his operation is called "English American" and they make quite a bit of MTM for retail stores on the east coast. I was considering heading to Elio and getting a MTM suit but wanted to ask if anyone on the forum has had personal dealings with them and how the results have been. Thanks for any help.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been getting all of my suits and jackets from Elio recently and plan to continue in the future. I'm actually going to go next month and get a fourth suit from him. I think that he offers a tremendous value. The suits compare favorable with Hickey-Freeman and Samuelsohn in quality from what I've seen. I have never paid over $900 for a MTM two-piece suit from him. The flexibility in his MTM program is very high (multiple armholes, mmultiple shoulders, about 6 SB and 4 DB jacket models to start from, infinitely variable lapel width, etc...) and the quality is very good. While the EA factory makes suits for varying quality levels, all of the stuff that comes out of Elio's shop is full canvas and has a fair degree of handwork. I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend him for a second. Keep in mind, however, that you must communicate very clearly your styling preferences if you want something slim. Elio can do anything you ask, but he has a default mode of operation that tends toward an American conservative cut. Most of the suits his customers order end up looking like well made, well fitting JAB suits. Just be specific and you will be pleased. His measuring is excellent and the resulting MTM fit is spot on. Elio is a really nice guy too - very funny and likes to break balls. I always enjoy my trips to see him even though his shop is in the middle of east bumblefuck.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E-A is the factory that makes many shops MTM and MTO suits (like Elio, etc) as well as the "Individualized Shirts" brand.

I get most of my stuff through there.

Not the best but good results for my price point.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found the suits to be quite nice. A friend has gotten some shirts there and wasn't as impressed with those as he was with the suits that he has gotten.

beowolf

Reaction score
Sad news. Elio will not be selling any longer after the first of the year. He will be going into technical advisement for our sales force. I have lost a valuable source for MTM in the DC area.

Can anyone recommend an alternative?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads