• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS15

lgeicher

Reaction score

Agreed on the helpfulness of insights :)

I've never seen the cinches in a 38, but that might be rarity.

I'm okay for fatigues, and have a pair of E1's from last season. It's the balloon pants I was looking forward to and I've only seen them in S or M.

I guess some of the blame for the dearth of large trouser sizes probably comes down to stockists.

It does seem odd that XL in upperware is easy to find yet bottomwear isn't - surely most people are pretty much in proportion?

I suspect the XS wearers have similar issues...

MoK,

I had emailed Nepenthes last week and they had several variations of the balloon pants in sz. XL and L, they may still have some available. TBB had 38's in all three of their SS15 cinch pants, but they were gone within a day or two.

Take care.

notdesigned

Reaction score
I've found the navy in a dozen places and in my size but the grey has been elusive. TBB has them but only a size 32 left.

lgeicher

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased anything in or handled the charcoal diamond pique? Seems like quite a bold texture, Just hoping someone could describe the feel and weight of the fabric.

Take care.

NXNW

Reaction score
I picked up the diamond pique baker and love it. It's extremely thin/light and the texture is almost like waffle dobby but way tougher. I wouldn't call it bold, but I've caught myself staring into the pattern a few embarrassing times. Happy to give more deets.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Small loot from Independence-Chicago.
- Bedford Olive ripstop. I could have taken an M, but with how I plan to wear the item (layering with light knits and shirts), L makes more sense and allows for better movement. I really like the cut and simple design/function of this jacket. I will definitely look out for some F/W weight material next season. I need to try the Baker and Andover for future acquisition.
- Workshirt Blue Chambray (S). While designed as roomy, I opted to size down for better silhoutte and overall body/sleeve length. I really like the high gusset feature of the shirt. The construction details on this item is amazing. My wife actually insisted that I pick up this item.
- My wife picked up a couple of sale items as well. Women's Bedford (?) Win/Win

While I'm not the type who gets OCD on every details and artistic nuances of a clothing item, now I can see why the popularity of this
niche brand. Will kop more.

Thanks for all the information and inspirations...
W

Let me know if anybody need measurement details...

Last edited:

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
EG SS15 Drop 2 at Portland Dry Goods:

Looks like Gary and I share some sentiments when it comes to dressing new englanders.

Bedford Jacket

Navy Flat Twill: $360
Olive Cotton Ripstop: $360

Knit Polo Shirt

Navy, Gray, or Olive: $155

Thermal Shawl Collar Button Down

Navy, Gray, or Olive: $195

As always, happy to provide info on measurements, detailing, general impressions. we thought we'd have some fun with the basics from EG this year so we bought into a "suit" in the olive & navy, and built our knits around the color scheme. there should be one final drop later in the future from us with an oddball piece or two.

Best,

D.O.

El QUaG

Reaction score
Can I ask how this is sized this season? My issue with previous FW14 iteration was the relatively short arm length.

Also, can you confirm if Thermal Knit is a synthetic blend or natural material?

Please tell us what size you think you would wear and we will give you measurements. The knit is 90% Cotton 10% Poly.

I'm normally a size Medium on jackets, and keen to confirm dimensions and any comments around fit and fabric would be appreciated.

"Thermal Knit" sounds like a relatively warm fabric for spring/summer, safe to assume this is designed for cool spring evenings?

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score

I'm normally a size Medium on jackets, and keen to confirm dimensions and any comments around fit and fabric would be appreciated.

"Thermal Knit" sounds like a relatively warm fabric for spring/summer, safe to assume this is designed for cool spring evenings?

So this fabric is really stretchy, so keep that in mind:

Back shoulder: 17 1/2"
Pit to pit: 20"
Sleeve outseam: 22 1/2"
Back length from bottom of collar: 24"

It's a pretty light "thermal" fabric (and soft/stretchy!), but yeah, you'd prob wear it earlier on in the spring, on cooler/crisper days, indoors in AC, and evenings. I just tried one on in small as I'm a small in everything EG and it fits snug, but that probably has a bit to do with me being at my winter weight, which has packed on extra this winter with all of this snow :D Length-wise it's definitely cropped; it'll hang fine over a t-shirt but I think most EG shirts (think Workshirt) would poke out the bottom by a good amount untucked.

eluther

Reaction score
@superego Shorts have been dropping at JP stock lists and The Bureau, but haven't seen them in that print anywhere yet.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score

Those aren't the same. In the picture that was posted the model is actually wearing the "Combo suit" which is all one piece (Short sleeve w/ shorts sewn together). I have yet to see it anywhere yet but I am keeping an eye out for it. The Bureau received a rendition of the "Dayton Shirt" but it sold out pretty quickly. That can be seen here: https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/3431/khaki-paisley-india-print-dayton-shirt

Nepenthes NY also received a very similar if not the same print in a L/S shirt a few weeks back.

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG SS15 Drop 2 at Portland Dry Goods:

Looks like Gary and I share some sentiments when it comes to dressing new englanders.

Bedford Jacket

Navy Flat Twill: $360
Olive Cotton Ripstop: $360

Knit Polo Shirt

Navy, Gray, or Olive: $155

Thermal Shawl Collar Button Down

Navy, Gray, or Olive: $195

As always, happy to provide info on measurements, detailing, general impressions. we thought we'd have some fun with the basics from EG this year so we bought into a "suit" in the olive & navy, and built our knits around the color scheme. there should be one final drop later in the future from us with an oddball piece or two.

Best,

D.O.

I need another Bedford like a hole in my head but that navy twill looks awesome! I could definitely work a cotton version into my rotation given that my navy bedford is the wool serge.

Thanks for the great pictures Dustin. Looks great!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads