• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS11

runningfrog

Reaction score

Originally Posted by catchh
Found it on a Japanese site, not sure if they will ship elsewhere but could be worth a shot to contact them:

http://www.secondstage2008.jp/L-ENGI...AS-GRNYLW.html

Good luck!

thanks, i found it on another japanese site at a similar price. with the weakness of the dollar, i'm not sure i like it *that* much. i might call/email around some stockists to see if i can get lucky. usually they don't carry many in XS though.
frown.gif
i finally found a yellow/green EG madras in XS on sale on a japanese site and got it proxied. even on "sale" it cost a lot due to the weak dollar. :( does anyone else think that the high last button makes it odd to wear EG shirts untucked? it could also be the combination of rounded front hem and a really light fabric that moves around easily. it looks too blousey untucked, but i really love the colorway. http://www.stuartandwright.com/Engineered_Garments_Yellow_Madras_19th_Century_Button_Down_1619.html

Lendo

Reaction score
Think a few people have said it (including myself), but a good tailor can add another button hole and shorten the shirt a bit. I did it with the green plaid 19th century from last year and it looks great.

afan

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a bedford jacket from SS11. I've never tried one of them on so I'm unsure about sizing. I'm a size S in both APC and Our Legacy. Which size in the bedford jacket should I go for?

afan

Reaction score

really? i've found i have to size up on the bedford, not down. just my 2c.

I've actually read through this whole thread and people seem to differ in opinion about this seasons sizing. I'm 5ft 9in and weigh 150 lbs, which size in the bedford would you recommend?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@afan, small. Spring summer bedfords tend to be on the bigger size than fall winter bedfords, however this is mostly because they are unlined.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads