• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS /10

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
Just a quick question, I bought a Navy Cotton Bedford jacket from F/W 2009 in a size large and it fits perfectly. What would my size be in EG shirts and other jackets? A medium? I had read somewhere earlier that the Bedford runs a bit smaller in comparison to everything else.

jhoo04

Reaction score
Originally Posted by itsjustadrian
Just a quick question, I bought a Navy Cotton Bedford jacket from F/W 2009 in a size large and it fits perfectly. What would my size be in EG shirts and other jackets? A medium? I had read somewhere earlier that the Bedford runs a bit smaller in comparison to everything else.

I have the andover and conductor jackets in large and take shirts in a medium. But be warned the workshirts fit a little more relaxed. I even found the the sizing different between the chambrays and the herringbones. Herringbones being a little slimmer. Hope this helps.

atomicranch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by itsjustadrian

Just about all my EG shirts are medium, and my outerwear is about 50% large and 50% medium. So, I would say for most shirts you will be medium, but you should check outerwear on a case-by-case basis.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjmin209
Haven't seen this posted, but Steven Alan has some EG on sale

That's a pretty good sale online--some EG, WWM parka, alden plaintoes. Weird. I've been considering those NDC boat chukkas for maybe 3 years now.

Aquaphor

Reaction score
I just got my Olive Sateen Irving pants in size 30 and they fit a bit tight in the waist. It's weird, cuz my Irving pants in Charcoal oxford material fit perfect in size 30. I guess different cloths make a huge difference... Does anyone know if the Sateen material will stretch and soften after some wear?

Anyway, if someone has a size 32 Olive Sateen they wanna trade, lemme know.

Freddyfisk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aquaphor
I just got my Olive Sateen Irving pants in size 30 and they fit a bit tight in the waist. It's weird, cuz my Irving pants in Charcoal oxford material fit perfect in size 30. I guess different cloths make a huge difference... Does anyone know if the Sateen material will stretch and soften after some wear? Anyway, if someone has a size 32 Olive Sateen they wanna trade, lemme know.
I have both the charcoal and the olive sateen irving in sz 32. Had the same problem, however the sateen has stretched a bit after a couple of wears. Not as much as the charcoal though. but i think you will be fine.

Aquaphor

Reaction score
Thanks Freddy, maybe I'll stick with them for now. Do they shrink at all after washing in normal temperature water?

Freddyfisk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aquaphor
Thanks Freddy, maybe I'll stick with them for now. Do they shrink at all after washing in normal temperature water?
My waist have stretched around 1,5 - 2cm. I have not washed mine yet, but since it is the same material as the Workaday Fatique i would say that they might shrink a little bit in length if you wash them above 30 degrees (my GF did). The waist however will stretch back out.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
FYI

Starting Wednesday, May 26th > May 29th we will be offering our Engineered Garments in a Memorial Day special reduction of 30% off, shipping not included, all sales are final. I will put together an inventory as soon as I can but please call in the mean time so you do not miss out on the savings. 617-547-2067

* Workaday Fatigues are not reduced during this promotion.

Gary

Inveigler

Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the direction of a US store that has the irving pant (olive) in a 32? Or any store where I won't have to use a proxy.

Blyndon

Reaction score
my size 34" olive irvings were a bit tight on me too so I took them to a tailor and had the seams let out. There is about half an inch of material on both seams (so 1inch per leg) which has made them considerably larger. It doesn't sound like you have to go to these lengths but it is possible if you need to.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweedy bag