• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 08

bsyde82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by batorizer
I received my engineer jacket yesterday and i'm very impressed. The fit is boxy as usual and at first I was thinking a small would work better. However the neck wouldn't be big enough in a small. The details are just awesome and I hope there's more cool days in oklahoma before I have to put it up for the summer.

how boxy is boxy? i'm thinkin of gettin a small (i have the wool bedford in a small), and wouldn't mind a slightly larger fit than the bedford, cuz the S bedford is a tad too snug for me. however, i dont want it to be too boxy

batorizer

Reaction score
laying flat, pit to pit is 23", shoulders are about 18", and shoulder to bottom is 27.5". I guess what I consider boxy is the shoulders compared to the chest and with this jacket the shoulders fit just about right, where the body is bigger. The fit is great for layering. I'm 5'10" and rather slim. The determining factor for me is always neck and arm length for shirts and jackets. I'm sure the small would fit me a bit better, but i'd never be able to button up the neck; same for the binocular shirt from this season.

bene

Reaction score
I just got the Field Jacket in Navy. Boy, that's one of the best jackets EG has ever done IMHO. Right up there with the best pieces from the SS2006 collection (still my favourite one). The length is just right, not too short. My only quaint little issue is the sizing. EG never seems to stick to their own standards. I have to try everything from M to XL to make sure
blush.gif
I get the right size. The Field Jacket is running a little small. I usually have a lot of room in Size L, but here it fits quite snugly.

jswanson3

Reaction score
Someone that lives near a Bloomingdales want to pick up the field jacket for me? I want the khaki one in size medium. I'll pay for your troubles, PM me.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ian got in the pea jackets today in the khaki color. I like everything about it, except for the length - with the single vent in the back, it looks weird on a tall guy. The fit was true to size, but on the roomy side.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haversacks @ Silver and Gold and Chicken Shack
EG20SHOLDER20BAG1.jpg
eg_bag_1front.jpg
EG20SHOLDER20BAG2.jpg
EG20SHOLDER20BAG3.jpg
EG20SHOLDER20BAG4.jpg
Stockists: [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Haversack Natural: August Boutique U & I De toute Facon Double Five MAC Steven Alan Trend Fred Segal Haversack Navy: August Boutique U & I De toute Facon MAC Steven Alan[/FONT] On a side note, there's a JP clothing brand under the same name which makes some pretty nice shirts and tops. The brand was recently brought up in The Sartorialist (or was it The Sartorialist for Men.style.com) via photos of the designers. New EG Fits @ Suplex:
a-model-big-1.jpg
Fishing Jacket
c-eg-enngenir-jkt-big-2.jpg
Engineer Jacket
d-model-big-1.jpg
Field Jacket
f-eg-jkt-model-big.jpg
Engineer Jacket
g-model-big.jpg
Pea Jacket

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah, so that's what those bags are called. Has anyone spotted them stateside?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so basically, last season's (and this season's) tapered jeans are great. They fit very well and show some interesting fading already. First time I've worn an all american product since levi's closed down their shops

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Ah, so that's what those bags are called. Has anyone spotted them stateside?
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Added the stockists list to the post with the pics above. [/FONT]

hellorolo

Reaction score
Ah I really like those haversacks... will they be carried online at stevenalan?

Perhaps this has been asked before, as it seems EG fits larger, but does EG fit well for anyone about 5'8" with a ~34" chest? I really like the line, I'm just afraid I won't be able to fit into it.

I'm really interested in getting an Bedford in xs, though I thought it'd be best to check here.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^You might want to check out how it fits on the models in the Japanese sites listed throughout this thread (Chicken Shack, MAPS, Explorer). Most of the time they're wearing either XS or S, and they provide measurements, so you can get an idea on how it'll fit. It'll likely be on the boxy side, although tailoring is always an option (an option I've taken on many a shirt and a few jackets as well, with good results).

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KennyGhetzoff
does that **** in the back? i like it...

Do you mean the single vent? Yeah, it has one. I think it would have worked better without it though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads