• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS FW19

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
Not sure if this has already been discussed but EG x Uniqlo no collar coat is pretty great. Heavier than I expected but really nice piece. Could be sized down if someone prefers but I never size down, tts is pretty roomy fit and works great with current seasons loose EG silhouettes.
I have XS and S and I'm going to return one but I can't decide. My true size is Small.

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
DE35A7BB-D7F0-45A0-9541-5AED8ED75509.jpeg
D6308B78-4E64-4C0B-98D8-00A1A92F5492.jpeg
Extra small or Small on the collarless coat?

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

maregmareg

Reaction score
Anyone tried going for true EG size in either Painters or Fatigues? What I mean is going for M if I wear M in jackets, shirts, etc. My waist is 32 so I should go for S in pants but I'd much prefer a fuller silhouette with full break or a bit of stacking, like on Nepenthes' pics.
Size M in EG pants equals to 34 waist so too much for me, but inner drawstring and belt might do the job - my main concern is the butt area, any advices if this will work? I'm worried about too much excess fabric there, werid fitting in some place etc.

nep1.jpg

atlr

Reaction score
Anyone tried going for true EG size in either Painters or Fatigues? What I mean is going for M if I wear M in jackets, shirts, etc. My waist is 32 so I should go for S in pants but I'd much prefer a fuller silhouette with full break or a bit of stacking, like on Nepenthes' pics.
Size M in EG pants equals to 34 waist so too much for me, but inner drawstring and belt might do the job - my main concern is the butt area, any advices if this will work? I'm worried about too much excess fabric there, werid fitting in some place etc.

Yup, I've never sized down on pants (but I haven't bought any pants from this season yet..) I know sizing down for fatigues has been the norm for looong time - however I never have. In regards to excess fabric, the high waist cut on EG pants help I think. If you are after a looser fit - go for it!

DenimStudio

Reaction score
Size M in EG pants equals to 34 waist so too much for me, but inner drawstring and belt might do the job - my main concern is the butt area, any advices if this will work? I'm worried about too much excess fabric there, weird fitting in some place

Howdy, I normally wear 29-30 but I have like a 28” inseam so I went for an XS in the natural painters. I posted pics a few pages back. Even with the XS, I have a half inch of excess around the waist so I always end up tying them tighter. I wear them high waisted and there’s still plenty of room in the seat too. Depending on your height, I would say S. This model from Indigo & Cotton is 6’3”, 30” waist, and wearing XS if you can believe it.

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
EG pants fit big this season IMO and I’m heavier at the bottom which says a lot. T2S medium in other brands and I wear a Small in EG pants this season and they still fit big in the legs. Last season SS19 the pant fits weren’t as baggy...

grayfox

Reaction score
The easiest way to make people ignore how ****** the pants fit this season is to stick your hands in the pockets

Alexidb

Reaction score
Funny enough I had to size up on the Andover pant this year.
EG pants fit big this season IMO and I’m heavier at the bottom which says a lot. T2S medium in other brands and I wear a Small in EG pants this season and they still fit big in the legs. Last season SS19 the pant fits weren’t as baggy...

maregmareg

Reaction score
I think he just means they fit too baggy this season. The ground pants fit really big compared to last season’s for example.
I love baggy pants so happy to hear that.
The worst fitting EG pants I tried were SS19 Fatigues, I truly despise cropped fit and hope that won’t be a norm in upcoming summer seasons.

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
I love baggy pants so happy to hear that.
The worst fitting EG pants I tried were SS19 Fatigues, I truly despise cropped fit and hope that won’t be a norm in upcoming summer seasons.
I tried on the fatigues and they didn’t work out for me. For some reason, the hip area bulges out like equestrian pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads