• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 2012

el duderino

Reaction score

Does anyone own the wool CPO shirt from this season and can advise on sizing? I take a S in this season's work shirt but had to size up to a M in the Jersey Bedford that Vinneus has posted above. Thanks.

Yes, take your normal size in the CPO as you would the workshirt.

Also random, but if anyone is looking for Brown Workaday cords in sz 34 (actually measures 17" across), PM me. I purchased two pairs from The Bureau during the recent sale. Figured I'd give someone a chance to get them at the discounted price before I ship them back. One pair was undersized, but the brown pair is actually TTS and too large for me to wear.

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone shop at Nepethenes? I inquired via email on several items, specifically jackets and the stoles / capes. Was wondering what their price and stock is at the moment.
Where else is still carrying said items ^
Aviator Jacket -$624
Truman Jacket -$504 for Corduroy and $552 for other fabrications.

Nepenthes will let you know who stocks each item. Most stores will probably have near or full runs of the aviator jacket and the truman jacket. Last I talked with Nepenthes all the button shawls were sold out except maybe the wool herringbone, which is pretty itchy and thin. I really wanted the red stripe or the glenplaid but both sold out either before or as soon as the sale started. Most stockists sold out of the shawls in US stores as well. There is one store with a red stripe shawl left, but I am keeping my lips sealed hoping it makes it to sale.

Shingles

Reaction score

Anyone know where I can still pick up said button shawls ^
TIA

What garment do you mean by button shawls? Shawl collar shirt jacket?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bureau Belfast has the shawl collar one on sale.

Thanks but sadly I just noticed they changed the back, not sure I dig it like that, I may try to hunt down a previous season navy wool cinch, or cave again and, if so, hopefully before the sale ends.

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Does anyone own the E-1 pants? I really like the relaxed look of it but, and this might sound stupid/weird, how do they look with socks on or do you wear them without?

36miles

Reaction score

Thanks but sadly I just noticed they changed the back, not sure I dig it like that...

I agree...
I went heather grey...my first andover and i just love it. The navy serge is even sharper, a nice staple.
If anyone knows who might still have the grey flannel qt vest i'd appreciate...

workhorseblues

Reaction score
I've got a pair coming in the mail – I'll post a fit pick with socks when they arrive.

Does anyone own the E-1 pants? I really like the relaxed look of it but, and this might sound stupid/weird, how do they look with socks on or do you wear them without?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's a different model with the same fabric in back, without the shawl collar. It's the one I have.
http://www.kafka.co.uk/item/EngineeredGarments_TrumanVestWoolSerge_16679_376_17187_3.html

I mostly wear OCBD's so the shawl collar helps keep the shirt collar in place, not sure how'd that work with a regular no-collar vest, would hate to have the shirt collar overlapping constantly, it happens sometimes with the shawl collar and its not something I enjoy.

I really want to thank all the members who chimed in on the navy uniform fabric,,, hot damn this thing is sweet, the fabric really does have a great hand, perfect shade of navy, got a nice fabric stamp at the second hem roll, great versatility, not too casual, not too stiff and using the separates will make it even more worthwhile,,,, soo glad I caved.

Here's the unexpected part, J+O shipped the suit to SoCal in 3 days for 25 CAD and no customs bill, I did ask them to properly label the customs form as wool/cotton garments and made in the USA thinking this might bring the bill down but I wasn't expecting no charges at all, made a great purchase even better, so cheers to J+O on this one, with all the bad rap I've read here about their international shipping this was a nice surprise, heres my timeline with them:

- Dec 24, called around 5pm est and no answer, left message but no callback
- Dec 24, emailed order around 8pm est
- Dec 26, called at noon, asked about my order, they hadn't seen it so I made sure they did and was told they'd email back after a stock check
- Dec 26, received email around 3pm with stock confirmation and billing info request
- Dec 26, emailed my billing info around 5pm and got a fast reply saying tracking info would follow soon
- Dec 27, received email with tracking info around noon
- Dec 29, received package before noon

Last edited:

xander_horst

Reaction score
Yah, I agree. If you go through the extra steps with J+O you won't be disappointed. I've found buying from them to be an overall pleasant experience.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do need to work on that recycled shoebox packaging though, mine barely survived without going to pieces, another couple days in the system and who knows what would've arrived.

And is it just me or are the andover's shorter this season, compared to others I have from past seasons its about 1 1/4" shorter in the body and a 5/8" shorter sleeve.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads