• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENGINEERED GARMENTS FALL/WINTER 2020

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
I don't see why it would be any different. I think the room-y sizing is here to stay (which is good, tbh).

The big complaint from last year was the length of the shirts and someone on SF mentioned that they've heard the feedback. Not sure if or when we'll see any changes though.

Totem has the 19th Century BD listed at 33" long for Size M. They also have the Painter Pant listed at 35" Waist for Size M. I'm really not sure who Daiki is designing for these days, but I must say the overly generous sizing makes me feel alienated from the brand.

illiterate

Reaction score
Totem has the 19th Century BD listed at 33" long for Size M. They also have the Painter Pant listed at 35" Waist for Size M. I'm really not sure who Daiki is designing for these days, but I must say the overly generous sizing makes me feel alienated from the brand.
My biggest beef with the sizing are the shirts and pants. I'm fine with roomy outerwear as it's perfect for layering.

illiterate

Reaction score
Specials for Kafka. 8W cord cagoule shirt. There are also olive and navy HB.

1598540337EGspecialcagshirt_4027.jpeg

Looking forward to what Bureau has for us this season. They usually get the good stuff.

InsulaTergum

Reaction score
Just looking at some of the new stuff on Kafka and did they change the pockets on the work shirts!? I like the new look but this is truly the end of an era if so....

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Just looking at some of the new stuff on Kafka and did they change the pockets on the work shirts!? I like the new look but this is truly the end of an era if so....

That's a Kafka exclusive, so that's likely why the pockets are different. :)

Stores often request 'exclusives' with popular brands so they have unique pieces to offer their customers. These exclusives usually involve slight variations to the design (i.e. different pockets) or using fabrics unavailable elsewhere.

ramdomthought

Reaction score

That pocket configuration used to be called the "miner" workshirt. Shirts fit a little wider than the typical workshirt, but they also haven't had it as a model for a few years.

I'd anticipate we'll likely still see the big-yank cigarette pocket inspired work shirts

InsulaTergum

Reaction score
Thank god. Those pockets are the one constant in my life lol

They look nice though, reminds me of some of the workaday stuff.

trancebepopulate

Reaction score
"Talking about the collection as a whole, I adopt a fitted silhouette again, although roomy one was used for my past collections. The change is more obvious on our new jackets. Our signature Loiter Jacket and NB Jacket are now in a tighter silhouette to make them look like what Jazzmen used to wear."

I want to believe

grayfox

Reaction score
"Talking about the collection as a whole, I adopt a fitted silhouette again, although roomy one was used for my past collections. The change is more obvious on our new jackets. Our signature Loiter Jacket and NB Jacket are now in a tighter silhouette to make them look like what Jazzmen used to wear."

I want to believe
inseams still too short dooooe

Will probably still pick up a HBT painter lol

grayfox

Reaction score
For Canadian retailers lost&found and Capsule have their first deliveries in. And Neighbour will have theirs online within a week

I picked up a pair of hbt painters. The pants this season seem to have around a 2 inch longer inseam compared to FW19 just by looking at the fatigue measurements

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads