• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna keep an eye on Bloomies, but if anybody ended up sizing wrong on their Aran cardigan and happen to have an L would appreciate a PM

I bought both L and XL and will likely return the L since I like a slouchier fit. Would be happy to pass it along to you if I'm right about the fit. (Will know for sure when they arrive next week.)

Last edited:

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NickPollica Antonio, who makes Eidos' light wash denim jeans? Just curious how they might compare to say RRLs...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A bit apple to orange perhaps? Though what fit would the Eidos jeans be close to, guess somewhere between slim narrow and low staright

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True, but wanted to keep the question open ended with some point of reference to get Antonio's thoughts. For example on the denim, fit, or thinking behind throwing in jeans in the collection. The styling of the jeans on the Bloomies website leaves much to be desired and the fit isn't flattering on the model. Might be worth a try though if the fit or aesthetic is better suited with Eidos generally. Kinda hard to tell from two model photos.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@NickPollica Antonio, who makes Eidos' light wash denim jeans? Just curious how they might compare to say RRLs...

The concept for Eidos denim is this: American fit and fabric with Italian production and detailing.

We currently produce it in a small workshop in Casalnuovo (just around the corner from the Isaia factory) from a 12 oz. Cone White Oak denim. For the sake of simplicity and consistency we have focused on one fit that will always be available in the 3 washes we think every guy should have. This fit is derived from a well worn and shrunken pair of vintage 501 shrink to fits (read slim straight with a medium high rise). The washes are as follows:

1. Raw denim for the guy who wants to start from the beginning and earn his fades. They can be your everyday jean that you want to wear into oblivion or something some guys reserve for more dressed up fits.
2. A "mid" wash with mild stone washing - this one is my favorite. They feel like what I think most guys look for in denim - a lived-in look that's clean enough for wear basically every day.
3. A light wash that is heavily stonewashed and bleached (the wash itself is based on my vintage 501s that I wore from raw). These are the most casual - really nice for weekend wear.

All three washes have midnight navy stitching instead of the more traditional gold/orange and feature a tonal chainstitched edge finishing on the side seam in lieu of the omni-present selvedge. The top edge of back and coin pockets feature a slight asymmetrical curve as a subtle nod to Naples and the barchetta. Zip fly because I hate button fly. No back patch because I don't think our name should ever be in big letters on your clothes.

Last edited:

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The concept for Eidos denim is this: American fit and fabric with Italian production and detailing.

We currently produce it in a small workshop in Casalnuovo (just around the corner from the Isaia factory) from a 12 oz. Cone White Oak denim. For the sake of simplicity and consistency we have focused on one fit that will always be available in the 3 washes we think every guy should have. This fit is derived from a well worn and shrunken pair of vintage 501 shrink to fits (read slim straight with a medium high rise). The washes are as follows:

1. Raw denim for the guy who wants to start from the beginning and earn his fades. They can be your everyday jean that you want to wear into oblivion or something some guys reserve for more dressed up fits.
2. A "mid" wash with mild stone washing - this one is my favorite. They feel like what I think most guys look for in denim - a lived-in look that's clean enough for wear basically every day.
3. A light wash that is heavily stonewashed and bleached (the wash itself is based on my vintage 501s that I wore from raw). These are the most casual - really nice for weekend wear.

All three washes have midnight navy stitching instead of the more traditional gold/orange and feature a tonal chainstitched edge finishing on the side seam in lieu of the omni-present selvedge. The top edge of back and coin pockets feature a slight asymmetrical curve as a subtle nod to Naples and the barchetta. Zip fly because I hate button fly. No back patch because I don't think our name should ever be in big letters on your clothes.

sounds great!!

Pics of the washes and measurements of this cut?

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All three washes have midnight navy stitching instead of the more traditional gold/orange and feature a tonal chainstitched edge finishing on the side seam in lieu of the omni-present selvedge.

Finally a kindred spirit. I have been looking for this for like... eight years? Never understood why denim guys insist on this crap.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Never understood why denim guys insist on this crap.

Many of the best denim companies in the world (read Japanese) started out by attempting to create exact replicas of the original - the Levis 501, which had gold/lemon yellow stitching (depending on the years produced) throughout. I appreciate the quest for authenticity, I've just always liked my denim to look more tonal.

ehult

Reaction score
Figured I would drop a note about the NMWA green canvas Sal trousers. I own the Eidos green cotton trousers that I got from Bloomingdales last year and the green linen blend I think I got from Korshak. I picked up the green Sal trousers because the deal was too good to pass but figured I might end up with too many green Eidos trousers (I have the cream corduroy and the blue already) but the green canvas is much darker than I expected. It looks nearly brown from some angles but has a more formal, almost emerald color that makes it much different than most green trousers and a far-cry from standard "green." They are easily my favorite. I would post pictures but I am nothing close to a photographer and use nothing but my iphone to take pictures so I'm sure any accompanying pictures would not be helpful.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Figured I would drop a note about the NMWA green canvas Sal trousers. I own the Eidos green cotton trousers that I got from Bloomingdales last year and the green linen blend I think I got from Korshak. I picked up the green Sal trousers because the deal was too good to pass but figured I might end up with too many green Eidos trousers (I have the cream corduroy and the blue already) but the green canvas is much darker than I expected. It looks nearly brown from some angles but has a more formal, almost emerald color that makes it much different than most green trousers and a far-cry from standard "green." They are easily my favorite. I would post pictures but I am nothing close to a photographer and use nothing but my iphone to take pictures so I'm sure any accompanying pictures would not be helpful.

One of the goals for this season was to try and find the deepest shades of all our seasonal colors without taking them to black. This was the deepest emerald green I could find. Capturing the beauty of most of these colors has been really hard to do online as flash photography blows out the nuance. Another really good example of this is the midnight navy overdyed plaid flannel button down. The fabric is INSANE in person (which is why basically every store we showed the collection to bought it) but very difficult to capture online.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads