• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
also Bloomingdales just start to send out catalog, the Eidos looks pretty good in that photoshoot vs. say Eidos own website...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually like the FW 18 look book over the SS18 and FW 17 Eidos :(. Is that a crime?

not yet..., can you try it somewhere though, I would think that's the ultimate test, I think the overcoat is its strong point, suit is same plane Jane blaz cut, fabric is more city/light which is fine, but lots of competition that offers something similar

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not yet..., can you try it somewhere though, I would think that's the ultimate test, I think the overcoat is its strong point, suit is same plane Jane blaz cut, fabric is more city/light which is fine, but lots of competition that offers something similar

Only on SF.

Im not a fan of the suits but the leather and suede jackets are nice. I also like the blue peacoat. The stuff will appeal to a younger market. I wouldn't wear the stuff from antonio's collection if I was 24.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
agree on the younger market part and it's definitely more "English" maybe we're swinging back to english again, just with soft shoulder...

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
agree on the younger market part and it's definitely more "English" maybe we're swinging back to english again, just with soft shoulder...

If there's a market for the Eidos Ciro cut suit Antonio should inquire to see if the Martin Greenfield can replicate the cut and sell it on a mtm/custom basis.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't own any Ciro, is AMJ03, RJ 253/254 pretty close though? on the lower end you got spier and mackay

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't own any Ciro, is AMJ03, RJ 253/254 pretty close though? on the lower end you got spier and mackay

I dont know the items I tried from the original collection were too tight in shoulders and too short in the sleeves so I gave up on the brand.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ciro and NMWA were very close from what I remember. I think buttoning stance and length were off by 1cm or so between the two.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ciro and NMWA were very close from what I remember. I think buttoning stance and length were off by 1cm or so between the two.

Whatever the case, if he's going to be working out of a studio in NYC and there's a market for tailored suits I would consider offering a custom option.

Do you guys think there would be more of an appeal if Simon's and Antonio's collection were combined together? I feel like each collections are at one end of the extreme.

If I could fit into some of those skinny outfits I would have no problem wearing the new collection

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the aesthetics will be too confusing, though NMWA gets to keep its stuff so I suppose the niche will stay

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix