• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

rgould

Reaction score
I only recall just one other time which was recent too (only 1-2 weeks ago?). So, could pop up again

What did everyone get??? I picked up a black knit tie that i had in my cart for awhile
I got the blue ciro mohair tux. It’s spectacular. Will need a lot of surgery as the shoulders are basically the only thing that fits

The shirts were unreal. I should have gotten more stuff. Will be on the lookout at the sample sale

rgould

Reaction score
I got the blue ciro mohair tux. It’s spectacular. Will need a lot of surgery as the shoulders are basically the only thing that fits

The shirts were unreal. I should have gotten more stuff. Will be on the lookout at the sample sale

And I recant my statement about seller not being helpful. He shipped overnight and measurements were spot on

daddyblitz

Reaction score
Antonio has said that the items being sold by our favourite Italian eBay reseller had been made by different factories, so sizing is not necessarily consistent. I recently bought a size EU56R slim Tenero with 17.7" shoulders. The posted measurements seem to be the thing to look at, never mind the tagged size.

Wooow thanks for the heads up. I wear 54 on the Tipo(my fav model). 56 on Balthazar, I've been eyeing some 54 Tenero's. Glad i didn't pull the trigger.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got the cashmere and silk sweatshirt/jumper/tee. it is super soft. it feels so fragile and airy. Thanks for the rec

dynemacron

Reaction score
Found this rather confusing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-2895-I...Sport-Coat-44-R-Unstructured-Cut/382480090501

Isaia branded and labeled Tenero model. Completed with arced lapels, and other Eidos details.

Those aren't the only ones that are in existence. In the Isaia Outlet in Turin this past winter, they had a ton of Isaia branded Eidos (and some Eidos branded Eidos). The Isaia branded Eidos fit REALLY, really small. Like I needed two sizes up. Of course, your mileage may vary.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Isaia garments cut at Michelangelo for sample sale. There have been quite a lot made. If you see that small tag, that’s the giveaway.

dynemacron

Reaction score
Isaia garments cut at Michelangelo for sample sale. There have been quite a lot made. If you see that small tag, that’s the giveaway.

So is that tag representative of garments that are made at Michelangelo? Or is that also the new Isaia tag? At places like Nordstrom and Barney's, the more recent Isaia jackets have that tag inside of them, so I thought that Isaia just moved to that tag from their older one (the one that was found inside of the earlier edition Eidos). Thanks for any information.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So is that tag representative of garments that are made at Michelangelo? Or is that also the new Isaia tag? At places like Nordstrom and Barney's, the more recent Isaia jackets have that tag inside of them, so I thought that Isaia just moved to that tag from their older one (the one that was found inside of the earlier edition Eidos). Thanks for any information.

My understanding was that that is the new michelangelo tag, but I could be wrong.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t about standing out - quite the opposite. The design was for the comfort and personal satisfaction of the wearer.

I don’t mean standing out like a peacock but when all these photos are online amidst an universe of muted solid colours amongst competing products, it’s really hard to tell what’s the difference between the grey cardigan of eidos vs X brand or Y brand

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads