1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

I believe that's the original Eidos for NMWA cut. I think they've modified the pattern a bit since then.

2. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

That's the Lorenzo model - we only produced it for one season. Its been tweaked substantially.

3. sunicole

sunicole Senior member

4. JIMB

JIMB Senior member

I have not seen any 38L's, sorry.

I wear a 40L, often between M-L in other brands, and the large lupos fit trim, but comfortably. Sleeves seem like an average length.

1 person likes this.
  5. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

To whoever picked up the last size 50 Eidos grey herringbone raglan coat from AK Rikks, you're welcome. Sent a PM to member who was looking before I posted on the forum about it and didn't even get a thanks. I tell ya.

On another note, does anyone know how the sizing on the terry cloth polo from the current season works? I'm a large in the Lupo polos, small in this season's shirting styles which are running a size big, large in the breton stripe long slevee which seemed to run slimmer than last seasons versions. Not sure if I'd be better off with medium or large based on the measurements.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  6. jtj48

jtj48 Senior member

Think you're out of luck on finding a 48L stocked anywhere -- NMWA can get that for you (or used to be able to get that for you) when they do preorders though. Not sure if there are any other spots that do special orders/mtm... maybe Malmborg?

1 person likes this.
  7. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

38L is like runway sample sales size

1 person likes this.
  8. NickPollica

No store has ever ordered 48L. I used to make samples up in this size in the Primo model but have discontinued that since we now focus on the augusto and tenero.

9. maximscandi

maximscandi Member

The Nonno's are by far the coolest casual chinos I've tried in a while. The waist was quite roomy though... How much would you be able to let in the waist before the back pockets become out of sync?

10. Vice

Vice Active Member

Hey fellas long time.

Someone may have already answered this but how do the Christian Kimber collab capri boots fit compared to his Kimber collab Chukkas with the commando sole (I think that's what it's called.lol.)?

The Chukkas fit me perfect at TTS. It says that his Capri boots fit true to size on his site as well, especially in length, but they may be a bit wide (as is characteristic on most of his shoes in my experience). For those that own both what was your sizing?

11. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Senior member

Have both (and numerous other pairs of Kimber shoes) - stick with your usual size. I have, as has my good friend @Gerry Nelson, who also have several pairs.

The Capri boots are awesome - love mine. Do not think Christian has any more in stock but Mervyn and possibly some other places picked them up.

I believe Antonio is wearing them here (despite Mr Porter saying otherwise) - https://www.mrporter.com/journal/this-week-im-wearing/mr-antonio-ciongoli/1307

12. Vice

Vice Active Member

Thanks for the look. Close to pulling the trigger. I'm just on the fence about wrapping the laces around the ankle thing. Like I know it's because the boot is soft and unlined but just something about it....

Like It looks best when the top of the boot stays put and doesn't flap out to the sides over the knot as I've seen a lot of people wear them. Which it's cool and fun but I prefer to keep mine unflapped and am hoping if I have the laces tied high enough then it should be no prob as Antonio demonstrates in those pics. Plus if top of the boot is under my trousers it shouldn't really be an issue as well. But I love the dark brown rugged suede and the shape of the last.

13. NickPollica

The boots dont do that at all unless you fold them over. I have never once done that and would never have styled it that way. FWIW I would also never describe them as a summer boot. I suppose you could wear them in the summer but I designed them as a deconstructed winter boot. I've worn them all the way through this winter and they have not let me down.

14. Vice

Vice Active Member

Well Mr. Tredici e Lupo you may have just punched my ticket. I was hoping that they weren't so relaxed that you need to have them tight to prevent flopping. Glad to hear it's not the case and as in your Mr.Porter picks you wear them as a normal boot.

15. NickPollica

They are a normal boot - they actually arent even as soft as I wanted them to be! How you see them in the Mr. Porter shoot is how they will look.

16. Vice

Vice Active Member

Good news then for me I suppose. Look forward to getting them here soon. Just praying to God they fit (at least as well as your chukkas) as they are final sale. Now My 3rd Eidos x CK kick. Would count the lined crosshairs as 4 but those simply didn't fit me. Hate I missed the unlined ones, heard those fit a lot more people better. Waited too late.

Wish you guys could make more but alas I know you two are going in different directions, but will still be behind you both. Creative gents with great product.

17. NickPollica

We wish Christian nothing but the best!

That said, we are really excited about what we have coming next season. We will be filling the one season gap in EIDOS footwear with two new, more focused collaborations for next fall. First up is two styles with Barbanera that are based on shoes that Basquiat often painted in. There's an unlined deerskin moc loafer with a handstitched toe (available in black and brown) and a rugged work boot with a removable ankle strap (available in brown waxed suede, natural suede and black suede). The other collaboration is with Swedish sneaker brand C.QP. For those of you who are unfamiliar, they are well worth checking out. We've decided to run their completely unlined "Racquet" model in 3 colorways of veg tanned leather from famed Swedish tannerey Tarnsjo (where LV sources it's leather). The will be available in Black with a natural heel tab, Natural with a navy heel tab and Navy with a black heel tab. Here's a preview:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  18. Vice

Vice Active Member

Ooooh. Feeling those boots. Wish I could see those moc loafers up close.

19. piyasil

piyasil New Member

May I ask how the Racquet fit? Did you go down a size? I feel like grabbing a pair before the collab pieces hit the stores next fall.

20. Vice

Vice Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any sizing advice on this shirt?
    I'm usually a 16.5/35 in a dress shirt. Was a Large in the first two seasons on the Lupo but I think the updated version I`m an XL since it seems it's gotten slimmer.

Mostly worried about the sleeve length. I have fairly long arms for my height. I think my sleeve if measuring from the mid point of my neck (from back) is around 36 inch.

And I hear L is a 52 for Eidos which would be what I am in general clothing. Stay true or size up to XL (can't go down cuz sold out.lol)?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017