• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
@NickPollica are these only U.S. stockists? I know Gotstyle and Burrows here in Ontario carried this past season... would be disastrous for me if both stores stopped carrying!

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@NickPollica, did Henry Bucks in Australia stop carrying Eidos?

Definitely not for next spring - they may have a small order for fall coming.

@NickPollica
 are these only U.S. stockists? I know Gotstyle and Burrows here in Ontario carried this past season... would be disastrous for me if both stores stopped carrying!

Both done I believe, although burrows might have fall coming.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I see some nice pick-ups in the stockists. S+A, Unionmade, etc. Congrats!

Very excited about the direction our distribution is heading as it is much more in line with our brand. Beginning in Spring 17 we will also be available at Jack Straw in Seattle and Magasin in Los Angeles.

pleatedjeans

Reaction score
I beieve this is the complete list for Fall - I many be missing one or two

AK RIKKS - Grand Rapids, MI
Barney's - Uptown NY, Chicago, Boston
Bloomingdales - 59th St, Century City, San Francisco
By George - Austin, TX
Charles Speigel - Pittsburgh, PA
Coachman Clothiers - Knoxville, TN
Garmany - Red Bank, NJ
Gentry - Brooklyn, NJ
Lane Crawford - Hong Kong, Shanghai
Lawrence Covell - Boulder, CO
Marc Allen - Providence, RI
Marcus Malmborg - Stockholm, Sweden
Martin Patrick 3 - Minneapolis, MN
Meyvn - Chicago, IL
Morris & Sons - Chicago, IL
Mr. Porter - ECOMM
No Man Walks Alone - ECOMM
Nordstrom - Bellvue WA, Oakbrook IL, Grove LA
Saks - Tyson's Corner Va, Raleigh NC
Stanley Korshak - Dallas, TX
Steven Giles - Oklahoma City, OK
Supply & Advise - Miami, FL
Sy Devore - Studio City, CA
Trunk Clothiers - London, England
Unionmade - San Francisco, CA

Great stuff! Pretty much a list of the premier menswear retailers in the US

Also for what its worth, Lawrence Covell is in Denver (Cherry Creek technically), CO not Boulder, CO. Just in case any one is using this list for reference or lives nearby.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Great stuff! Pretty much a list of the premier menswear retailers in the US

Also for what its worth, Lawrence Covell is in Denver (Cherry Creek technically), CO not Boulder, CO. Just in case any one is using this list for reference or lives nearby.

Thanks for the heads up. I updated the list and also added who offers ecom and gave a list of what tailoring models are offered in each store. This model list is off the top of my head and might not be 100% accurate but its a good indicator of where we are model-wise. The Tenero - which has undergone some major modifications to correct the shoulder - is what we believe in for proper, full canvassed tailoring. We are also actively pushing the Augusto, which has also been tweaked and refined (we removed the shirting-style back darts, reshaped and positioned pockets, made it always 3/2 roll) into what I believe is the ideal casual jacket.

Last edited:

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up. I updated the list and also added who offers ecom and gave a list of what tailoring models are offered in each store. This model list is off the top of my head and might not be 100% accurate but its a good indicator of where we are model-wise. The Tenero - which has undergone some major modifications to correct the shoulder - is what we believe in for proper, full canvassed tailoring. We are also actively pushing the Augusto, which has also been tweaked and refined (we removed the shirting-style back darts, reshaped and positioned pockets, made it always 3/2 roll) into what I believe is the ideal casual jacket.

Yes. Love the Tenero.

My SS15 has puffy shoulders, which aren't a big deal (and if I massage them a bit, goes away as my latest IG pic will attest). That seemed to go away in the more recent ones I've tried on. So what did you "fix"?

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Side note, got my new old Tipo taken in in the sides. I told 'em not to tighten it up too much up top, but dang if this thing doesn't bind up in the upper back now. I'll be taking it back to have them let it back out a bit. But it does look good!

Moral of the story: The Tenero is perfect IMO. Well, assuming I can get one long enough (which is possibly an L. I don't know).

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
After a week of reviewing all 4 different iterations of the model from 3 different manufacturers, Isaia's head pattern maker made the following changes:

1. He tweaked the pitch some more to remove the diagonal lines that some guys have seen at the top of the shoulder
2. Removed the grinze and tidied up the extra sleeve fabric that hung out at the back of the sleeve head so its now a simple, clean, natural shoulder
3. Altered the pattern of the chest near the arm hole so that the garmwnt didnt pull at the front of the shoulder.

The first two issues had been addressed by suppliers in the past (with number two being created accidentally in an attempt to counterbalance the tight shoulder feeling in the first iteration of the model) but the last one was the one that was causing most of the problems, according to the pattern maker.

hrv123

Reaction score
Will any of these changes affect sizing? I.e. I have always been a 54 (have the first two iterations of the NMWA cut) but recently tried a 52 at your suggestion due to the shoulder divots issue and I felt it worked for me so I went ahead and preordered a suit and sportcoat in 52. Will these changes compromise my fit? Should I have went with the 54?

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting news about the changes around and to the shoulder. It sounds like they might address the problem that I had. Will they be incorporated into the NMWA pattern? F/W or S/S?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads