1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Eidos Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hrv123, Aug 14, 2013.

1. boduletes

boduletes Member

Please do not use this as info on general sizing (see below) for the Hand Dyed Straight Leg chinos, a bad egg (though if after return Nordstrom puts it back as 30R [now sold out], might re-appear):

Picked up the Hand Dyed Straight Leg chinos from Nordstrom, 30R, smallest size available (I am 46 in tailored Eidos pants). Unfortunately, not sure whether this item (correctly tagged as size 30R) or in general, it is AT LEAST a generous 34, maybe even 36, basically falling down to my ankles right away. After similar sizing inconsistencies with shirts (within and between seasons), it seems to me that Eidos tailoring is where I find buying Eidos products consistent in terms of sizing, which makes things difficult for those only having access through online shopping, especially given that the fabrics used are very nice. Too bad.

While some previous forum discussion regarding the jeans (maybe) was already indicative, It would have been rather useful to have it not listed as "True to size" on Nordstrom (I know that this is by no means the fault of the the brand itself), and I keep wondering, what would have been the "right" size for someone 46 (IT) in trousers to get a product from the casual Eidos pants? 26?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  2. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Interesting as I just handled these pants in that size and didn't see that large of a size discrepancy. What is the waist measurement or them? I handled a pair last week in size 30 that were a 31.5" waist. I'm actually wearing the same model in a different fabric that I received from mr. porter today in the size 34 and the waist measures 35.5". The slightly large waist was intentional because the supplier that made them had consistently made the waist of the trousers 1.5" too small in the past so I figured it was better to let guys have the opportunity to take them in. It should be noted that, aside from the waist wearing at basically 1 size up on the sport pants, this particular model was designed to have a relaxed fit. if you are used to wearing slim trousers they will definitely feel large at first.

Thank you all for this feedback. I want you to know that I am aware of these issues and actively working to solve them. I've been told by Isaia that spring should have much consistent TTS sizing.

2 people like this.
  3. dwmorin

dwmorin Member

Anybody have the contact info of a Nordstrom sales associate familiar with Eidos?

4. boduletes

boduletes Member

Thanks for the reply. In terms of tailoring, as said, I wear Eidos pants in 46, comparably 30 in jeans size (Baldwins usually). I actually picked up the trouser exactly because of the looser fit, though it seems to me that no amount of tailoring would solve that for me.

Sorry for the terrible tools, this is what I found now. Is this in line with the intended measurements (again, sorry for no proper tools).
    [​IMG]

5. boduletes

boduletes Member

Do you think for this amount of tailoring, for such a material is even possible? I like how it is "intended" to fit, but I think you can see why the skepticism. Thanks again for the reply, it was clear that your are working on this, and it is indeed a process.

[​IMG]

6. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

I wouldn't bother getting those tailored. The back pockets are definitely going to be thrown off.

7. boduletes

boduletes Member

Thanks and absolutely. The back pockets would disappear, rather than thrown off. It will be sent back, which again, too bad, as I like the original styling. I was simply puzzled, as it is labeled 30R, also on the inner tag, but here and there you can find a 52 as well, but I am guessing that should be related to the model number/specification. It would indeed make sense for this to be a 52, but then internal labeling is the issue.

8. tobehknese

tobehknese Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Henley in action! another thing I like about this shirt is the cuff that's the same as a shirt sleeve, very nice touch

3 people like this.
  9. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Have same Heleny love it as well

10. NickPollica

Yeah - those must have been mislabelled by the factory because they are completely different than the size 30s I was just looking at last week (and I saw multiple pairs).

11. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

Again looking for sizing advice / general enabling comments.

I've been eyeing the beige Ragosta currently on sale at Marcus Malmborg. I would go for the size 52 on that one.

One thing that struck me, however, was something that Ireilly pointed out: fair skin may wash out with light colors, during fall / winter in particular.

As an alternative I'm thinking of the Japanese C-coat, worn below by Glen Allsop:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMXULsFDkJy/?taken-by=marcusmalmborg

The coat didn't struck me at Marcus's website, but in the wild it looks great.

Marcus's sizing advice for the C-coat is that the "fit is on the relaxed side whilst still maintaining its shape. Try wearing it with a turtleneck and a pair of Byron sneakers for the perfect weekend look. If between sizes, we recommend sizing down."

As I'm a 52, my hunch is to go for that size in this coat as well. Antonio: your thoughts?

1 person likes this.
  12. Keen

Keen Senior member

I've seen the c-coat at Marcus' showroom, the fabric is unreal.

13. Keen

Keen Senior member

[​IMG]

Train ride back from ski trip, super comfy!

3 people like this.
  14. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Grab the C-coat. The Ragosta seems to be a staple in the collection, while there's no telling whether the C-coat or that fabric is going to return in the future. I wear a size 50 in every Eidos item I have tried, and the C-coat in that size works for me.

1 person likes this.
  15. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior member

@tobekhense is that an Eidos baseball cap in you picture?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  16. rnguy001

rnguy001 Senior member

- IWC AT? If so --> nice!

17. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

Thanks, man, that's good enabling. Will purchase the C-coat later today.

18. Keen

Keen Senior member

Yup! Thanks!

19. NickPollica

A few things. First, that picture was taken by Glen, but it is actually the Iranian writer Hooman Majd.

Second, have you ever owned a lighter color outerwear piece? I think the notion that it washes its wearer out doesn't take into consideration what you are wearing under it. As a neutral, that color specificially goes with every dark color in your wardrobe. These colors can be worn as knitwear underneath and that counters any washing out may think will occur, unless you have the jacket fully buttoned to the neck.

That said, I really like both options and they will both be back. Just be aware that the C-Coat is completely unlined and unconstructed and wears more like a cardigan than outerwear.

1 person likes this.
  20. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior member

Is the C Coat still available anywhere in a 46? Doesn't seem like it. Thanks.