• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG hoodie..

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's one of the few hoodies I've seen that I actully like/would wear.

Not sure I understand your complaints, Why. I mean, let's face it, a hoodie is by its nature a pretty boring piece of clothing- certainly not something to be the centerpiece of an outfit. What kind of bells and whistles do you want? I'll take understatement and nice detailing over something more "interesting" like Bape any day.

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anamoly
Damn "why", why you hatin on the EG hoodie?

Seriously I see your point. 200 is alot for something you could get for 25 dollars and 97% of people wouldnt know the difference. But the logic that if you pay more you want noticeable details is not in line with SF/my philosophy. For me its about the quality and fit which means mostly that stuff is going to go unoticed.

However if youre right about the flared bottom I might reconsider. LA guy the other dude who has it can you speak on this...

I don't have it readily available for inspection but I can tell you that it definately does not flare. It is very slim fitting throughout.

Anamoly

Reaction score
cool thanks wayne, LA guy, im pullin the trigger

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me its about the quality and fit which means mostly that stuff is going to go unoticed.

Both of which can be had by purchasing a hoodie at less than half the cost and tailoring it to fit you perfectly. The hoodie needs to have less 'drape' as well. It kinda tends to hang on the body as opposed to fitting over it.

I'm sure it's my build, but that hoodie doesn't even fit right. It's not slim, EG just made all their mediums into standard smalls.

I could understand if it were something special, but it just isn't. That hoodie is expensive because it's expensive and I see no other reason for the cost.

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Both of which can be had by purchasing a hoodie at less than half the cost and tailoring it to fit you perfectly. The hoodie needs to have less 'drape' as well. It kinda tends to hang on the body as opposed to fitting over it.

I'm sure it's my build, but that hoodie doesn't even fit right. It's not slim, EG just made all their mediums into standard smalls.

I could understand if it were something special, but it just isn't. That hoodie is expensive because it's expensive and I see no other reason for the cost.

I'm not going to beat this into the ground but at that price I would have returned it if I wasn't blown away by it. Also, it is definately slim-fitting. I purchased a small (I have a 37 chest) and it fits damn near perfect - like most products from EG. Its also keeps you very warm. Worth the coin. I think Steven Alan has it for 180ish.

Anamoly

Reaction score
Hey Wayne

I just purchased the Small from steven alan. Im worried that its going to be TOO small. I have the firemans turncoat from EG in a small and that fits me perfect. But other stuff that ive tried Im sometimes in between S and M with EG.

Not sure what my chest size is though...

Any thoughts?

"Why" -- thats cool. I appreciate your honest input. You certainly have the right to think it overpriced. As far as style goes, as someone said, a hoodie is by definition pretty plain. So if its not the style but the high price that bothers you than thats a fair complaint. Its not cheap.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as far as the hoodie goes, I'm a small in most things, and the small bedford fits a tad big, but perfect for layering, I tried on the EG hoodie at odin a few months back and it was pretty tight. the way I like it. I don't think i could really wear more than a tshirt under it though......

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have an EG pullover hoodie from an earlier season, right? Would you say the current season hoodies fits smaller?

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
Hey Wayne

I just purchased the Small from steven alan. Im worried that its going to be TOO small. I have the firemans turncoat from EG in a small and that fits me perfect. But other stuff that ive tried Im sometimes in between S and M with EG.

Not sure what my chest size is though...

Any thoughts?

"Why" -- thats cool. I appreciate your honest input. You certainly have the right to think it overpriced. As far as style goes, as someone said, a hoodie is by definition pretty plain. So if its not the style but the high price that bothers you than thats a fair complaint. Its not cheap.

How big are you? I'm 5'9, 150 with a 31" waist and 37" chest.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
You have an EG pullover hoodie from an earlier season, right? Would you say the current season hoodies fits smaller?

I didn't try on a pullover considering I already have one, but the pullover is about the same in the chest but a bit more unforgiving.....I still might pull the trigger on the zip hoodie this year...

Anamoly

Reaction score

A little shorter/bigger than you 5’7” 165. But I want a slim fitting hoodie, and I usually like the fit of a small better anyway. We’ll see

modual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WayneGibbous

I'm almost identical to you in size except my chest is more like 38". According by the measurements on oi polloi i was going to get a large. The medium measures 19" armpit to armpit which is the same size as my chest. How on earth can you fit into a small ?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'7 and 140ish and it was slim as ****. It's because of the thermal lining really

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by modual
I'm almost identical to you in size except my chest is more like 38". According by the measurements on oi polloi i was going to get a large. The medium measures 19" armpit to armpit which is the same size as my chest. How on earth can you fit into a small ?

Don't always trust the website measurements. Also I got my hoodie from Steve Alan - The 'Reverse Weave Raglan'. It could be different than the one you ordered but it is definitely the one pictured in the OP.

modual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WayneGibbous
Don't always trust the website measurements. Also I got my hoodie from Steve Alan - The 'Reverse Weave Raglan'. It could be different than the one you ordered but it is definitely the one pictured in the OP.

Thanks. Any chance you could measure the chest on your small and let me know please ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics