• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG hoodie..

Anamoly

Reaction score
anywhere know where to get this?

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you checked the stockists in NYC yet? I would assume that at least one of them was carrying that this season. I do know that Ian in Seattle (ianshop.com) has/had them though, along with the black version.

Anamoly

Reaction score
hey robin thanks.

Ill check ian. What do you mean by the stockists in nyc? Im talking to buy retail

TrendyRed

Reaction score
That is a SWEET hoody! Let me kow if you find it.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anamoly
anywhere know where to get this?

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

On my chest, along with my other clothes
smile.gif
Mine also has a heavyweight riri zipper, courtesy of Michael J. Krell after my original zipper broke.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty plain. Nice hoodie, but not worth the cash.

My two cents.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Pretty plain. Nice hoodie, but not worth the cash.

My two cents.

It actually has some really nice details, like a ribbed side panel that turns into the shoulderpiece for the raglan sleeve, and hood that falls very well. The cut through the torso is one of the best I've seen. Classic, but tapering ever so slightly so that there is a slimmer silhouette. I think that simple, well executed design is much harder to do than something with lots of bells and whistles.

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
Yeah it has subtle ribbed piping up the shoulders and a thermal lining. The hood is thick but doesn't cover you whole head. Also the sleeves hit perfectly while most hooded sweatshirts have bulky arms and sleeves that bunch up and cover the hands. My only beef with it is the drawstrings which are just a simple cord. But if that's the biggest problem then the rest must be squared away.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
It actually has some really nice details, like a ribbed side panel that turns into the shoulderpiece for the raglan sleeve, and hood that falls very well. The cut through the torso is one of the best I've seen. Classic, but tapering ever so slightly so that there is a slimmer silhouette. I think that simple, well executed design is much harder to do than something with lots of bells and whistles.
I agree, but at the same time why would I pay that much money for details which are so subtle that they're unnoticeable and a slimmer cut? My tailor can do a slimmer cut. Plus, the hoodie noticeably flares out at the waistline, making the wearer appear like they're an apple on stilts if they have any slim-fitting jeans on. I want a hoodie, not a bullet-proof vest. I mean, at least the color could be something other than heather or black. Just slap 'COLLEGE' over the chest to complete the look. It's just blah.

Anamoly

Reaction score
Damn "why", why you hatin on the EG hoodie?

Seriously I see your point. 200 is alot for something you could get for 25 dollars and 97% of people wouldnt know the difference. But the logic that if you pay more you want noticeable details is not in line with SF/my philosophy. For me its about the quality and fit which means mostly that stuff is going to go unoticed.

However if youre right about the flared bottom I might reconsider. LA guy the other dude who has it can you speak on this...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anamoly
Damn "why", why you hatin on the EG hoodie?

Seriously I see your point. 200 is alot for something you could get for 25 dollars and 97% of people wouldnt know the difference. But the logic that if you pay more you want noticeable details is not in line with SF/my philosophy. For me its about the quality and fit which means mostly that stuff is going to go unoticed.

However if youre right about the flared bottom I might reconsider. LA guy the other dude who has it can you speak on this...

I just checked my hoodie. I don't really notice any flare. It tapers down to the waistline nicely, imho.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics