• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green MTO - Question on Sizing Options and Prices

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing at my next visit to London some Edward Green MTO shoes. I did a search of related postings but could not find anything specific about the shoe sizing options which are available with the EG MTO program. My understanding is that it is possible to select a model, an available last, length, width and material. However,
  • Is it possible to make any additional adjustments to fit particularly narrow feet?
  • Is it possible to account for size differences between left and right foot?
  • How knowledgeable is the staff in the London store in finding the optimal length-width-last combination (this question is the reason for not making a direct inquiry with EG)
The knowledge of forum members, who have used the MTO program, would be much appreciated.

Also in case that somebody has this information on hand what is the approximate current price including VAT for a pair of EG MTO Oxfords (e.g. a Chelsea in standard calf)?

cmacey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlexE
I am considering purchasing at my next visit to London some Edward Green MTO shoes. I did a search of related postings but could not find anything specific about the shoe sizing options which are available with the EG MTO program. My understanding is that it is possible to select a model, an available last, length, width and material. However,
  • Is it possible to make any additional adjustments to fit particularly narrow feet?
  • Is it possible to account for size differences between left and right foot?
  • How knowledgeable is the staff in the London store in finding the optimal length-width-last combination (this question is the reason for not making a direct inquiry with EG)
The knowledge of forum members, who have used the MTO program, would be much appreciated.

Also in case that somebody has this information on hand what is the approximate current price including VAT for a pair of EG MTO Oxfords (e.g. a Chelsea in standard calf)?

All your questions will be answered by contacting EG directly.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
The current price for a standard chelsea is 700 pounds inclusive of VAT and trees.

Are you sure this is the current pricing structure? Am corresponding with EG now on MTO for a Beaulieu and an Oundle. The MTO upcharge is 100 pounds, so adding the upcharge to your example should run 800 pounds inclusive of VAT and trees. Less VAT (@20%) should come to around 666 pounds, right?

I ask because I was quoted 780 pounds (with trees, less VAT, plus shipping). I can't make the math work.
confused.gif

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any shoe I want outside of 3 models is considered a MTO for them and the price I was quoted for a 'standard' shoe was that 700). Now, I would imagine if you wanted a one-off it may be more.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... the only reason those models are MTO is that they aren't stocked at Jermyn St. Unfortunately, these two models are among my EG favorites. Anyway, I sent Chris an email to clarify and will post his response.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
medtech_expat and NORE - thanks for the information on pricing.

Do you have any experience with EG's sizing options and especially regarding the expertise/helpfulness of the London store staff? Just wanna know in advance if I can trust that they will be able to help me find the best possible fit or if I should rather expect the "typical" salesman meaning I gotta do my homework thoroughly before going there?

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have emailed them re sizing on EG branded shoes and shoes made by them for others and they have been very helpful. I would suggest you give it a shot.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sukurabu