• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whusurdadi
F***kin' shill bidders

I was high bidder till I got shilled out
frown.gif
And I really like it
frown.gif
$10 says I get a second chance offer
smile.gif

Hmmm two zero feedback bidders.... Definitely looks dodgy!

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle

well, tell you the truth, ive had this happen to me a couple of times on my shoe auctions when i sold them 1 -2 years back. two newly created accounts would go off bidding on shoes that i did not expect to go over a certain amount but did.
i was afraid they would not follow through on winning, and then when i send a 2nd chance offer to the guy with history, he would refuse, thinking i was the one shilling.

but both of these accounts turned out fine.

the first incident, the zero score guy who won, paid up and was a smooth transaction. legit.

and the 2nd incident, at the very end, a guy with good feedback out of nowhere just outbids both zero bidders and wins it at the last second.

it was crazy.

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle

I sold a 24ct golf necklace on behalf of someone on eBay to a zero feedback buyer, he paid $900 direct deposit (wire transfer) which was more than the amount worth of gold within the necklace (extremely ugly design). He never left feedback.

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flimsychicken
RLPL (Italy) Navy Blazer 42L BIN $89 here. Can't tell the condition, but looks like a steal.

Great Seller - I've sent her a pretty penny of mine already in the past 3 months
musicboohoo[1].gif

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flimsychicken
RLPL (Italy) Navy Blazer 42L BIN $89 here. Can't tell the condition, but looks like a steal.

Originally Posted by whusurdadi
Great Seller - I've sent her a pretty penny of mine already in the past 3 months
musicboohoo[1].gif

+1. I've bought a few suits from the seller and she has always been very good. She'd probably get better prices if she took better photos but that's probably not her business model.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads