• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My latest haul. There is a solid pink that left out, the photo kept presenting much brighter than real life. View attachment 1348524
Great looking ties. Wear in good health. I have the one to the left and love it. What's the colour of the other one? Looks like a muted yellow or mustard colour?

bbob2013

Reaction score
Hi Don,

I think that red tie will be in heavy rotation, very versatile. The other tie is actually a green base, kind of an olive or moss. It’s my first Madder, the fabric has a great dull feel and is hard to capture in a photo. The site is pretty accurate on color.

The Madder fabric feels very delicate and I have tied it a couple of times, struggling a little to get a good looking knot. I used standard construction, do you spec a different lining on your Madders?

782DCFE7-6346-4A50-894C-14A13E6D2346.jpeg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Don,

I think that red tie will be in heavy rotation, very versatile. The other tie is actually a green base, kind of an olive or moss. It’s my first Madder, the fabric has a great dull feel and is hard to capture in a photo. The site is pretty accurate on color.

The Madder fabric feels very delicate and I have tied it a couple of times, struggling a little to get a good looking knot. I used standard construction, do you spec a different lining on your Madders?

Thanks for the reply, sir. I've had the red tie for some time, but haven't worn it yet. But as you said, a very versatile piece.

As for the other tie, you're correct; it does look more olive-ish at Patrizio's website. I do own a tie from another former affiliate vendor that is reminiscent of yours judging by your pics. But mine is more mustard-ish in colour (see attached pic). If yours is in fact a olive-based tie, I'll have to add it to my wish list as I plan on comissioning a couple of ties this month.

As for the construction, I always ask for light interlining for three specific reasons: 1) I like the air-y feel of a light tie, 2) the tie does pull down to a lesser degree avoiding the tie gap (gap between the collar and the knot) that usually emerge during the course of the day and 3) it makes a better/smaller knot which matches better with my collar size.
Conrad Wu Hazelnut.jpg

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea where I can pick up this tie (sold out at Skoaktiebolaget)?
2019-10-02 12.07.45.png

unprocessed

Reaction score
Hi Don,

View attachment 1348685

I have the same version of this madder tie in yellow and I too can’t get a good looking knot. A four in hand looks small and has a weird shape, and develops wrinkles all over. I tried a half Windsor, which looks passable. The yellow version of this has a the light and chalky hand, but the color is actually fairly vibrant.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @DonRaphael is the burgundy medallion madder still your favorite tie? I like the navy version I have (even though it is a bit boring) and thinking about getting the burgundy version.
Hi mate. Absolutely, it's my favorite of the lot. Extremely versatile. Let me know if I could help you with your decision with pictures or anything else.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Hi mate. Absolutely, it's my favorite of the lot. Extremely versatile. Let me know if I could help you with your decision with pictures or anything else.
Any extra shots you can provide would be awesome. From the experience I have with the navy version, the color definitely pops with some direct sunlight, I think it’s a very elegant fabric.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any extra shots you can provide would be awesome. From the experience I have with the navy version, the color definitely pops with some direct sunlight, I think it’s a very elegant fabric.
Of course. Please see attached pictures for all three ties. They all pop colorwise in real life. The burgundy is really rich. Love that it's a true burgundy and not intense red.
IMG_20200329_070637.jpg
IMG_20200329_070631.jpg

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just had an email chat with Patrizio who is fine. On ties he says the following:

It "is possible to place orders, I have cleared the payment of course [i.e. he is not charging at the time of order]. When I reopen, I will notify those who have placed the orders, and if they still want the ties, I will ask for the payment and make them."

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads