• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

unprocessed

Reaction score
Just placed an order for 5 ties. Based on my order number, doesn't seem like he's had many over the last few weeks. Patrizio is a great guy who makes wonderful ties and proud to support his business!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just placed an order for 5 ties. Based on my order number, doesn't seem like he's had many over the last few weeks. Patrizio is a great guy who makes wonderful ties and proud to support his business!
Really? I had plans on ordering a couple of ties. But this might convince me to place my order sooner rather than later.

talkhot

Reaction score
Received my first order this weekend. I'm very happy with the fit and quality of the tie!

The tie I've ordered is still in its collection. I went for 152cm and regular lining.
https://www.patriziocappelli.it/shop/twill-silk-ties-pc2543/

IMG_5125.jpeg

unprocessed

Reaction score
Very nice and wow that was quick. When did you place your order? My order will probably be delayed a week or so because I couldn't resist adding another tie to my order last week.

talkhot

Reaction score
Very nice and wow that was quick. When did you place your order? My order will probably be delayed a week or so because I couldn't resist adding another tie to my order last week.

Thanks :) Ordered the tie on the 30th of April. I very much empathise – which one did you add? If I would/could order all the ties I like, it would probably an order of 30 or more. My next mission is to find 3 to expand the tie palette...

unprocessed

Reaction score
My latest Cappelli haul. The pink tie on the left is from the RTW collection, and it is a tipped tie (not self tipped) - definitely not as high of quality as their regular custom ties.
The 2nd, 5th, 6th ties from left are madders, the yellow-red is a wool challis.

Patrizio is seriously the man. He just let me know he ordered a fabric that I had asked about months ago.

Attachments

• 4F2B4496-01FA-48DA-A0D5-12168130A12A.jpeg
    4F2B4496-01FA-48DA-A0D5-12168130A12A.jpeg
    624.6 KB · Views: 129
  • D62A382E-5651-4736-BF54-08099CA3C9D2.jpeg
    D62A382E-5651-4736-BF54-08099CA3C9D2.jpeg
    492.4 KB · Views: 145
  • B5BA5450-50BD-4311-B3DE-B2892DD1EE01.jpeg
    B5BA5450-50BD-4311-B3DE-B2892DD1EE01.jpeg
    387.9 KB · Views: 472
  • 400EECA9-568E-4A94-A2FB-A8E9DA541BD8.jpeg
    400EECA9-568E-4A94-A2FB-A8E9DA541BD8.jpeg
    435.6 KB · Views: 707

CalGuy13

Reaction score
I placed an order for two ties. DHL says they were delivered at 2:20 yesterday, but when I arrived home at 2:45 the package wasn’t there. The signature line said “LEFT LTR BOX.”

Anyone else have trouble with DHL or experience dealing with a similar situation? Not sure whether I should focus on my credit card, DHL, or Cappelli. I filed a claim with DHL to start.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I placed an order for two ties. DHL says they were delivered at 2:20 yesterday, but when I arrived home at 2:45 the package wasn’t there. The signature line said “LEFT LTR BOX.”

Anyone else have trouble with DHL or experience dealing with a similar situation? Not sure whether I should focus on my credit card, DHL, or Cappelli. I filed a claim with DHL to start.
Apologies if I'm stating the obvious, but I always advise as follows:
  • Check with the neighbours
  • Check the online tracking, some couriers post a picture of where they left the package
  • Call the courier, they always seem to have more information than what's available online
Hope the package turns up for you.

CalGuy13

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I went through those efforts. I probably looked like a porch pirate myself, poking around my neighbors‘ front doors looking for a package, but found nothing. DHL tracking doesn’t have a photo, and they don‘t have call centers open on the weekends. I’ll call Monday.

CalGuy13

Reaction score
Well, I heard back from DHL. They say they handed it off to USPS for final delivery and provided a tracking number. The USPS tracking information says it was delivered to "Front Desk/Reception/Mail Room." I live in a single-unit property with no front desk, reception area, or mail room.

I submitted a claim to USPS, but have done so previously and never received a reply. I tried calling the local post office, but got no answer and their voicemail box was full (same thing happened previously).

Update: The package arrived today. It looks like it’s another case of USPS marking a package delivered before it actually is, probably to meet a metric.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads