• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dry Nudie Straight Svens

rnrswitch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Lost in the crash. They fit super well. Low on the hips and fitted. I'm sure if he sees this thread he'll repost pictures (DO IT AHAZ)

Oh, the great crash of '06. I remember that. A lot of great photos and posts were lost. (along with about 200 of my posts)

truestorytravis

Reaction score
Does anyone know they weight of the denim for the non-selvage Svens? Someone above mentioned that they were 11oz and I was hoping to verify that. The reason I ask is because my other dry jeans (BearsxEternal and sd-103s) are awfully heavy and this Wisconsin summer is killing me. I think a lighter pair of jeans would serve me well.

Ahaz

Reaction score
EDIT: ^^^^^^ I should go to your house and ******* stab you. Wisconsin summer? It's a high of 103 tomorrow (actual temp, not heat index 'feels like') with 50% humidity. If I wear anything tighter than Hammer pants, I'm covered in sweat as soon as I step outside.
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Lost in the crash. They fit super well. Low on the hips and fitted. I'm sure if he sees this thread he'll repost pictures (DO IT AHAZ)
Wow, you guys still remember me! I had to take a break because of graduation and moving (ended up not happening). Basically I was broke, and had to stay away from here to keep me from spending money I didn't have. Anyways, old pics: The color is washed out in the pics with the flash. The darker pic isn't exactly right either, though, because the stitching is not that orange. Somewhere between the two. I messed up my knee, and don't squat anymore, so I don't fill out the seat of the jean quite as much now. However, they're still a very flattering fit back there. They're lowrise, but not excessively so, and snug on the hips. The hem is about 8 inches, and they're straight up from there (duh). All of this combines to form a jean that is modern and slim, but won't draw attention for being a 'girl's jean' or 'lol emo ***'. That's a pretty tough test to pass here in Texas. These are the jeans that get compliments without fail from the ladies. I may think my Acne Mics look slightly better, but for everytime I get a compliment on them, I get 10 compliments on my Svens. And I wear the Acne more, too. ****, why do I wear the Acne more? Earth to Ahaz...

rnrswitch

Reaction score
Aha!!!!! I do remember those. I think those led me to get my SSDSs. Definitely a beautiful pair of jeans. Nudies still hold a special place in my heart. Especially their selvage jeans.

truestorytravis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahaz
EDIT: ^^^^^^
If I wear anything tighter than Hammer pants, I'm covered in sweat as soon as I step outside.

I empathize with you, but I'll definitely take our weather over your's. It may be hotter where you are, but that doesn't mean I'm not drenched wearing this dark, heavy-ass denim. Any temperature above 80f is guaranteed to soak me in a bath of sweat and indigo.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
so i've had my Svens for a day now. they are the japanese selvage, not the flame type. i LOVE LOVE LOVE the fit. its so much more flattering on me than the Ralfs bc the rise is lower.

i've worn them all day today in the hot texas sun, so needless to say i've 'steamed' some great creases on the lap and made some great honeycombs.

anyway, one thing i was thinking about is how straight nudies are cut in the hips. my Ralfs and Svens both are like that. i wonder if nudie does that on purpose so its extra snug, thus making sharper creases and better contrasts. that or, europeans don't have huge asses like americans thus they can afford to cut them straight like that.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sbbbjm
so i've had my Svens for a day now. they are the japanese selvage, not the flame type. i LOVE LOVE LOVE the fit. its so much more flattering on me than the Ralfs bc the rise is lower.

i've worn them all day today in the hot texas sun, so needless to say i've 'steamed' some great creases on the lap and made some great honeycombs.

anyway, one thing i was thinking about is how straight nudies are cut in the hips. my Ralfs and Svens both are like that. i wonder if nudie does that on purpose so its extra snug, thus making sharper creases and better contrasts. that or, europeans don't have huge asses like americans thus they can afford to cut them straight like that.

Where'd you get yours?

rnrswitch

Reaction score
I believe there are a bunch on ebay right now. $210 shipping included.. I believle.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnrswitch
I believe there are a bunch on ebay right now. $210 shipping included.. I believle.

I'm looking for them from a retail store, and thought that maybe someone had the F/W SSDS in the RRDS denim already.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I'd love some advice, too. I've been thinking of going for the straight sven dry's after much debating since I normally prefer a bit of flair at the bottom to go over my shoes.

Regardless, I normally wear a 32/32. I've read here that they could stretch a few sizes after washing months down the line so I was wondering what to expect.

Also read on the nudie site that I should probably go for a 34 since the "crinks" in the back of the leg tend to shorten the jeans about 1/2-1" and washing would remove another 1" or so.

Any truths/perspectives?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Regardless, I normally wear a 32/32. I've read here that they could stretch a few sizes after washing months down the line so I was wondering what to expect.

Also read on the nudie site that I should probably go for a 34 since the "crinks" in the back of the leg tend to shorten the jeans about 1/2-1" and washing would remove another 1" or so.

Any truths/perspectives?

Buy them so they fit decently tight in the waist (you should be able to buttom them up fine). Personally, I feel like if you can walk around with them without needing a belt when they are new, you should be fine. They will stretch over time (not washing, washing will return them to their original size). So I'd probably go with a 31 or 32. Just try them on if you can.

As far as the length is concerned, I went with my normal length (34) on the RRDS. I don't really remember how they fit initially, but I think the nudie site is right in that you will lose .5-1 inch. They are still fine, but I may be closer to a real 33 inseam than a 34 so that could be why.

Kewan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I'd love some advice, too. I've been thinking of going for the straight sven dry's after much debating since I normally prefer a bit of flair at the bottom to go over my shoes. Regardless, I normally wear a 32/32. I've read here that they could stretch a few sizes after washing months down the line so I was wondering what to expect. Also read on the nudie site that I should probably go for a 34 since the "crinks" in the back of the leg tend to shorten the jeans about 1/2-1" and washing would remove another 1" or so. Any truths/perspectives?
I'd get out a measuring tape and take your natural waist size then size down one. This is what I did with my RRDS. They were very tight and quite uncomfortable for about the first 7-10 days but they've since stretched out to the most comfortable, yet still flattering, pair of pants I own and I don't need a belt to keep them on. As for the length, I'd definitely go with the 34s, you can always cuff or hem them if they're too long. You'll be very disappointed if after the first wash and several months of wear you find them to be too short.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Well, my "natural waist" (from around my navel) is 31.5", so I'm guessing a 31 would work. I wish I could try a pair of these on but being in Costa Rica, it's actually rather hard to find a denim bar. I'll be here another month or so before I go up to the states for a week or two but I just don't know if the deal I have on the Sven's will still be around.

Maybe I'm better off with a 32. If the Sven's do stretch a bit, I'm guessing I'd wear them like my a pair of RL Colton's I have. They're 32x30 but fit loosely so that lengthwise they fit about the same as 32x32's. I actually wouldn't mind the sven's shrinking an inch or two because I walk around in the rain so much most of my jeans are hemmed a half inch-inch shorter so they don't drag and get ruined, something realllly common around here.

I'd kill to try them on...

rnrswitch

Reaction score
Dude get a 30. I have a natural 31.5 and a 30 was perfect for me.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
. . . uh don't measure them around your natural waist, unless thats where you plan on wearing them all the time. i always meausure them around my hips, cuz thats where they always end up.

i would get them in a 34 length. in prewashed jeans i get 32 length, and i've found all my dry jeans once washed to shrink up to that more or less.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads