• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dry Nudie Straight Svens

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Well, hips-wise the measurement would be more of 34 or so. In terms of jeans size, a 34 would fit like a potato sack on me.

rnrswitch, what size do your wear on non-dry jeans? I'm afraid if I go 30 when I normally wear a 32, the Svens will be too tight overall, let alone when they shrink.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Well, hips-wise the measurement would be more of 34 or so. In terms of jeans size, a 34 would fit like a potato sack on me.

rnrswitch, what size do your wear on non-dry jeans? I'm afraid if I go 30 when I normally wear a 32, the Svens will be too tight overall, let alone when they shrink.

But they will also stretch (jeans drive me potty with all this expanding and contracting malarkey). I think the consensus among the denim connoiseurs is that Nudie's material stretches much more than it will ever shrink. AFAIK at least
smile.gif

P.s. experts, feel free to beat the bloody snot out of me if I am wrong
biggrin.gif

Kewan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
But they will also stretch (jeans drive me potty with all this expanding and contracting malarkey). I think the consensus among the denim connoiseurs is that Nudie's material stretches much more than it will ever shrink. AFAIK at least
smile.gif
P.s. experts, feel free to beat the bloody snot out of me if I am wrong
biggrin.gif

I've heard most everywhere, and this is the case with my RRDS, that a wash will shrink them back to the original waist size, but they'll stretch right back out with wear. I wouldn't worry about them shrinking and becoming too tight, if they're too tight, you'll know it when you first try them on (or attempt to). Seconding going with the 30. My natural waist is ALSO 31.5" and the 30 is a perfect fit.

rnrswitch

Reaction score
I wear 30s and 31s. I also wear my jeans snug. The truth though, is that I am a 31.5" waist (read: where my jeans sit on my hips) and I have only bought 30s in Nudies. They fit perfectly. Of course they do stretch out, but I think a 29 would have been a ***** to get into.

You are also correct about the stretching and shrinking of jeans. They stretch out and then shring back to their normal size, sometimes they even shrink more.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
So a 31x34 sounds about right for me. I'd be playing on the side of caution with that extra inch. I almost always wear a belt with my jeans, more style than anything.

Appreciate the help, fellas. Gonna be nice when I'm the one sending in the before/after pics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads