• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Driving shoes (for actual driving)

bigbjorn

Reaction score
Unless you're required to wear fire-marsupialant shoes by the sanctioning body, I don't think there's much reason to blow $200+ on proper driving shoes; Carl Perkins notwithstanding, blue suede shoes aren't really a good SW&D look. I've got a closet full, and I only wear them in the race car. Chucks or Sambas are fine for street driving. By the way, nice choice of car!

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbjorn
blue suede shoes aren't really a good SW&D look.

Who cares what sw&d thinks
fight[1].gif

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RL @ Grapevinehill OK for $100

tn4_8015420.jpg

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
Mr. Monty I need to know who the girl is in your avatar.
drool.gif

LisaRaye (40+ years old)

Do a google image search for more "revealing" pics
devil.gif

Here is a larger pic of her wearing driving shoes

lisa_raye.jpg

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Skoalbandit
I believe Piperlime has brown and black leather versions of those shoes for the same price

GVH also green, red, white, and I think black and brown.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery
I just got a WRX and it has a fairly stiff clutch (but really fun to drive). Thin soled dress shoes are not happy and driving to and from work has managed to give me a small bruise on the ball of my left foot, and has scuffed the toe box of one pair and the heel of another.

So I am now looking for driving shoes that I can wear for my daily commute. I found these form piloti:

http://www.piloti.com/products/produ...od_sku=PR16-4L
My favourite of the bunch aesthetically.

http://www.piloti.com/products/produ...rod_sku=PRO8-2
Velcro makes for the easiest on / off out of the bunch. Heavily leaning towards something like this to keep in the car permanently.

http://www.piloti.com/products/produ...rod_sku=PR24-4
I would mind wearing these outside the car too.

Opinions welcome and if anyone has suggestions on another brand or type of shoe that can withstand "spirited" driving, please let me know.

indoor soccer shoes. they give you almost the same feel of driving barefoot but with a non-slip sole.

OCULUS

Reaction score
I have a pair of Pumas (96 Hours line, I think) in a beautiful chestnut brown smooth leather that I snagged on STP a couple of years ago. They are great and don't look like a hybrid climbing shoe and a sneaker. I'd never wear those things. These I get away with at work on casual Fridays.

I've always driven high-performance BMW 5 series and the E60 series now has such wide wheel wells that the dead pedal intrudes on clutch space, and I am forced to shift with my size 12 TOE unless I am wearing narrow-soled shoes. Very UN-BMW like.

In sum, it takes all the fun out of it, and believe me, I have howled to BMW. Have fun with your
Sub; I have some guy who always tries to egg me on with his on the way to work. I've never bitten...
plain.gif

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery
I just got a WRX and it has a fairly stiff clutch (but really fun to drive). Thin soled dress shoes are not happy and driving to and from work has managed to give me a small bruise on the ball of my left foot, and has scuffed the toe box of one pair and the heel of another.

Congrats - I have an 07 STI....you'll love it
smile.gif

For shoes, just a thin shoe with a flat sole. I find some pumas and diesel shoes to be great.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sabelt, Sparco, Puma, Alpinestars. All make good driving shoes FIA (nomex) certified and other. I have a couple fom Sabelt and Sparco/Puma, as well as my SantoniAMG. My preference would be http://www.sabelt.com/ for combination of clasic looks and drivability. Tods do make some pairs like
NMM5879_mp.jpg
In my opinion the doted/spiked heels lack precision because they move individually, so the above option is much better. but it is still not rounded quite enough. The Sabelt soles are much better, and can be and in your choice of high, low, suede and plain calf. Can post pics later.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads