• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dress Watch - Raymond Weil Freelancer - Opinions

17 Seconds

Reaction score
Hey NOLA-

Any tips on where to look for a vintage Rolex? I've wanted to find one, but haven't found any in that price range.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some other options :

Orient Royal Star
orientstar1.jpg

orientstar2.jpg

Stowa :
picture.JPG

Hamilton :
IMG_1641.jpg

Tissot Le Locle :
TissotLeLocle1.jpg

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
...There are much better examples out there than this one though (probably not as heavily discounted as this one though), so I'd probably pass.

Agreed. There are Raymond Weil watches that I like, so I'm not opposed to the brand itself, but I don't like this particular watch.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by af1snaikboi
I would like some opinions on the following. I will be able to get the watch for about ~$600 out the door. It will be my first dress watch, under a suit and may replace it with a leather strap.

news_image.652111.jpg

This watch looks fine (and white face watches are perfectly fine as dress watches). If you really want it, then go for it.

mg428

Reaction score
I am a proud owner of a Parsifal series battery-operated two-tone RW watch for more than 2 years. My aim when buying this watch (my first dressy watch) was to first and foremost buying a watch from a real watchmaker. My watch serves me very well with its slim, low-profile figure. RW is also quite well respected in the coutry I am living. Definetely more than the States. Having said these, I think the watch in which you are interested sucks and I absolutely agree with the costco comment. Not everything is bad in costco for sure, such as the woodlore-epic-shoe-tree-like shoe trees, but this watch is like the awful faux watches sold in filene basements.

af1snaikboi

Reaction score
What would be the best place to pick up a vintage watch, perhaps an air king, and be assured that it's ok?

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick V.
I love my Weil. Sleek, dependable never take it off, it takes a beating and never fails. Much more reliable than the Rolex I bought her.

I agree with this comment on Weil as a brand, but I'm not keen on the design in the OP as a dress watch. My Weil has a black croc band, a slim stainless case with gold trim, white face and black roman numerals. I like it a lot for wearing with a suit; not such a fan of the design posted here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads