• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dress Pants

lotus6

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just recently I bought some dress pants from Brooks Brothers. They were a decent price but I'm extremely disappointed in them. The pants are very baggy.

Any suggestions on some places that sell good quality pants that are more form fitting. I have an athletic build so nothing too tight.

Thanks,

brandall10

Reaction score
Pay attention to B&S and eBay for Incotex and Mabitex. These are Italian companies that sell slim-fitting pants retailing in the $300+ area, but in the $65-120'ish area (depending on cotton/wool/blends) in these parts.... StyleForum approved to the max, very nice construction.

Also the benefit to buying B&S/eBay, besides cost, is each garment tends to have actual measurements for waist/rise/thigh/hem/knee. Once you have your sizing down you can tell sight-unseen how slim it will be.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you try before you bought??

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surely you tried them in the shop? Why buy things that don't fit - repenting at leisure seems stupid.

lotus6

Reaction score
Yes I did try them on. In the store they looked ok. After getting the pants tailored and wearing them a few times I felt they were too baggy and didn't look right.

Any other brands or stores I should try?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lotus6
Yes I did try them on. In the store they looked ok. After getting the pants tailored and wearing them a few times I felt they were too baggy and didn't look right.

facepalm.gif
So the problem is not BB.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
facepalm.gif
So the problem is not BB.

+1. Next time, try them and look in a mirror!

Timeless Fashion

Reaction score
You can also try Zanella, Zegna or Hugo Boss dress pants. I only own Zanella pants but have tried Zegna and HB flat front pants and they are slimmer than BB dress pants.

Others here may suggest Incotex or Mabitex, though I don't have experience with either as they are not as widely available as the ones above in-store unless you live in NYC.

soupcxan

Reaction score
The problem is you bought dress pants, which are baggy, like a woman's dress. You should've asked for office pants, which are tight, like a cubicle.

IBJanky

Reaction score
Get them tailored to your liking. Any decent tailor can slim trousers. I get my pants slimmed down all the time. Costs me $15.

myke

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads