• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Domenico vacca report

wcp45

Reaction score
Based upon earlier enthusiastic reports on this forum, I visited the Domenico Vacca store on 5th Ave. during my last visit to New York. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience, and I ended up purchasing a suit (navy blue) and jacket, both made by Attolini, that were on sale. I was surprised, and pleased, to find a navy blue suit on sale--such "staples" are hard to find with significant discounts. The merchandise was somewhat sparse, I believe because they were nearing the end of their sale. The merchandise they did have was first rate. Beautiful suits, sports jackets and shoes. I would definitely shop there again. The only "negative" was the expertise of the sales staff. The primary salesperson I dealt with was fairly good (Armando?), but I was a bit put off by a second salesman who was either misinformed or willing to exaggerate to make a sale. For example, I was shown some shirts by Finnamore, and told the shirts had much more handwork than Kiton shirts. Well, that is just plain wrong. Finnamore shirts are well made and probably have a better value/price ratio than Kiton shirts (they are significantly cheaper), but they do not have more handwork than Kiton shirts. The "alterations" advice I was given was also wrong--for example, I was told that the best way to camouflage my lack of height (I'm 5'8") was to get a jacket on the long side (thereby covering even more of my short legs&#33
wink.gif
. So I recommend the store, but you should know your stuff before shopping there.

dorian

Reaction score
Was the navy that beautiful royal (french) blue? If not, did you notice any there? One of the most fantastic colors.

wcp45

Reaction score
No, the suit I purchased was a dark navy. I did not see any suits in a royal blue, but I only saw about 5 suits in total. The collection was very small--what was left over from their summer sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads