• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does This Oxxford Suit on Ebay Look Authentic?

jefferyd

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ask the vendor for a close-up shot of the undercollar and the back of one of the buttonholes.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It is.
Those are their signature lapels, buttons and there is no pipe above the pocket flap. Those are all trademarks of an Oxxford jacket.

Flimsychicken

Reaction score
Are there a lot of fake Oxxfords on Ebay? Based on the seller's FB, its probably real. I imagine its hard to pass a fake Oxxford off. If someone receives a fake and still does not know probably should not be wearing it in the first place.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oxxford lacks the eBay name recognition/resale value to make it worthwhile to fake. I can't think of another high-end brand that holds its value as poorly on eBay. NWT ones can command a good sum, but there's usually little secondary market for them.

Counterfeiters are better off sticking to Zegna and the like.

mohwld

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Limniscate
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330288273807

Part of my issue with Oxxford from EBay is exactly that the label hasn't really changed over the years, thus making it difficult to place an age on the products.

As an example, I saw two nice things in my size recently, but when I did a search on the stores (noted below the "Oxxford" on the label), one had closed in 1986 and one in 1992.

I'm pretty sure you'll find yours to be authentic, and hopefully recent vintage!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads