• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone have $12,500

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to give me so that I can buy this Patek? So pretty . . .

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's one of the few Patek watches I like, I tried one on at the Tourneau store in the Forum Shops, pretty slick watch.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not bad at all. Of course, if I had $13K I'd be spending it at Alexander Kabbaz and a couple of nice suits.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not my style at all. Give me a totally classic watch, gold casing, roman numerals, very simple with a dark brown alligator band. That's the way to go.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not my style at all. Give me a totally classic watch, gold casing, roman numerals, very simple with a dark brown alligator band. That's the way to go.
I'm of the opposite school of thought here, in saying that anyone can make a watch that looks like that with similar functionality, but making a more complicated automatic like this patek requires more artistry, of course I like the styling as well, which is just personal opinion. I'd be interested in hearing what ernest thought about this patek.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that the watch looks better on a black croc band.  Unfortunately, only the white gold version comes with that, and it's an extra $10K or so.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I personally prefer that watch on a bracelet, although I think a band may look better for some other watches (including my IWC Pilot's Chrono)

Reaction score
i think it's rather subtle, and i like that. not minimalist yet not over the top. the ordinal numbers instead of roman numerals is a nice touch.

johnw86

Reaction score
Maybe we should pool our funds and then, instead of getting a StyleForum tie or wooden hanger, each of us could wear it for a day and forward it to the next StyleForum member on the list.
biggrin.gif

Kaga

Reaction score
Maybe we should pool our funds and then, instead of getting a StyleForum tie or wooden hanger, each of us could wear it for a day and forward it to the next StyleForum member on the list. Â
biggrin.gif
if my memory serves me correctly, I am down with that.

Geronimo

Reaction score
I have exchanged emails with the seller this summer. He helped me buy a vintage Patek 3440. He is extremely knowledgeable and was very helpful in getting me to know more about my watch.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't believe Patek couldn't design a nicer looking bracelet to complement the watch face. FWIW, in the few months I've spent researching finer timepieces, the only appeal I find in Patek's are their resale value. The ONLY Patek that I find myself consistently admiring is the WG Caltrava on the black croc strap, but for that price I'd rather have a WG Blancpain Villeret AND my IWC as a beater.

AC, if you like the Patek aesthetic for this particular watch, I suggest looking at some of the newer model Zeniths (reserve de marche), and the second-hand market for Glashutte Originale. I wouldn't be surprised if the price on the latter skyrockets in the next few years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads