• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

does anyone else hate suede?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got a pair of suede shoes and hafta treat it like a baby... basically any sort of water totally screws it up, even if its just a bit, and i'm too lazy to waterproof. does anyone else think this fabric is too hard to keep up with?

GoSurface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is delicate, but I like the way 'aged' suede looks.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love it. Anyway, not all suede is delicate. "Roughout" has been used for military boots for decades. Just waterproof them, you'll be glad you did.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyliu52
i got a pair of suede shoes and hafta treat it like a baby... basically any sort of water totally screws it up, even if its just a bit, and i'm too lazy to waterproof. does anyone else think this fabric is too hard to keep up with?

no. i wear it through everything, let it dry out, and wear it again. even the cheap stuff. don't baby it because it's suede, just brush it every now and then with a suede brush.

GoSurface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
fuck suede

You need sensitivity training. Is that you stomping on a pair of suede shoes in your avatar?

*runs and hides*

Septavius

Reaction score
I used to have a pair of suede shoes that I loved, and I finally gave them up after five years when the soles wore out. The suede was still going strong though.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I walked miles in Tokyo during the rain in my Barney's Co-op suede chukkas. I still get compliments on them.

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
Can't stand suede. Thought I may have been the only one here and that, after proper assimilation, I'd be all turned around on the subject.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like light suede in it's natural form. Also, I dig darker waxed, and naturally distressed suede.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I love suede. Clean is nice in the store, but suede, for me, looks best when it becomes geniunely worn. The different smudge patterns, the creases, just the look of having seen hard use, really makes a look sometimes.

mas_cerveza

Reaction score
suede sneakers is the worst idea ever. Too bad I own a few.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they were one of the best brit-pop bands, much better than blur.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 272 32.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.7%
  • 31 - 40